Neo .35 air issues?

G

Grevs

Gidday Folks,

Got a neo .35 with an Iwata smart jet pro compressor. The air drains and then the compressor kicks in and pumps again. The Neo spray slows whilst draining, and then speeds up which causes issues for control. I have an unknown brand brush which gives a steady pump of air, no draining of the compressor. Havnt a clue of needle size in it. Much better for control. So my question is, would it be right that needles from .3 downwards be best for control of air flow for this size compressor?

Cheers and thanks

Grevs

Can you tell us what pressure you working at?

Your smart jet should be capable of handling the Neo, I have a Neo myself and a common problem with them is the spring in the air valve being wound too loose do that it jams on the sides of the valve housing, too remedy this would a little tight around and old needle.

Can you hear air hissing even when you dont push down? Another problem I had was rubber seal in the hose folding over on me it was attached to the brush this caused a bad seal and therefore a leak meaning my compressor was running constantly with no pressure at the head.

There is a good chance your cheap brush has a 0.2 nozzle which probably needed less pressure, the Neo works best at upwards of 15 psi

Your smart jet should be capable of handling the Neo, I have a Neo myself and a common problem with them is the spring in the air valve being wound too loose do that it jams on the sides of the valve housing, too remedy this would a little tight around and old needle.

Can you hear air hissing even when you dont push down? Another problem I had was rubber seal in the hose folding over on me it was attached to the brush this caused a bad seal and therefore a leak meaning my compressor was running constantly with no pressure at the head.

There is a good chance your cheap brush has a 0.2 nozzle which probably needed less pressure, the Neo works best at upwards of 15 psi
Hey thanks

Hey thanks mad brush, gonna look into this straight away. The PSI for the Neo is working at 25 PSI when draining. But I think the spring thing might be the trick, as it does sometimes spray when just pressing for air. Cheers mate, so glad I found this forum. So many threads for several of my questions. Fixed a few probs with other brushes already. Thanks again. If issue persists I'll be back!

Hey thanks

Hey thanks mad brush, gonna look into this straight away. The PSI for the Neo is working at 25 PSI when draining. But I think the spring thing might be the trick, as it does sometimes spray when just pressing for air. Cheers mate, so glad I found this forum. So many threads for several of my questions. Fixed a few probs with other brushes already. Thanks again. If issue persists I'll be back!

If it sprays paint while pressing for air you have a little piece of debris lodged on the nozzle, you just need to clean that out, the debris can form paint drying on the sides of your cup, it can come form tip dry and it can also come form dried pieces of paint from the sides of the paint bottle, I don't know if it's been mentioned previously but it is always a good idea to strain your paints before they go into the brush.

When you are doing any work at all, you should keep your air on while you work, always have your air on before you pull back for paint and don't let it off until you stop pulling for paint.

Your compressor obviously has a tank, it fill the tank up to a certain pressure then stops automatically, as the tank empties it will kick back in when it reaches a pre-set lower pressure, for example, it might fill to 60psi then stop and then kick back in again at 20 psi, it just depends on the model you have but if you have user manual with your compressor it should state somewhere what the on and of pressures are, but what's happening is perfectly normal.

Back