Neo for Iwata - First use

M

Madbrush

A short time a ago I bought a Neo for Iwata which I modified to include a needle restriction knob at the back, I hadn't used it because my cheap yungtingtiddlyipo brushes worked fine, however that no longer seems to be the case, so I got to use the Neo today for the first time and I couldn't believe the difference, this is the Neo here below;

View attachment 2701

And here is the result of it's first use, this image is used for my avatar and has also been seen recently on a T-shirt, the painting is anything but perfect but the purpose of the exercise was to get used to the Neo, it is much more responsive and reacts to the slightest touch, so it takes a bit of getting used to, but I do find it easier.

View attachment 2702

I already have a H & S evolution silverline which has also not been used yet, but after my experience with this I'm tempted to buy a top of the range Iwata.

So how did you do the customisation, is it a kit or something?

I also have the Neo and it was my 2nd airbrush after i started out with a Chinese BD 134. The Neo was much better right away and i felt much more confident with it.
Also have a Iwata Eclipse SBS side feed airbrush and the Evolution Silverline FPC 2 in one with the 0.15 and 0.4 mm setup. My opinion is that the Evo is the best out of
the 3 airbrushes, specialy when it comes to the trigger action, never used such a smooth trigger on a airbrush. The Neo is from the spraying almost as good as the Eclipse,
but when it comes to cleaning the Eclipse and the Evo are much better since they dont use a screw in nozzle that is very easy to clean and to take out. But all in all
the Neo is a very good gun for the money.

i love my micron, ill never buy another airbrush other than it, i have never had problems out of it, i recommend it

So how did you do the customisation, is it a kit or something?

The modification was done with the use of the back end of a cheaper airbrush which doesn't get used, mainly because it requires more air than my compressor can supply, with the exception of the needle and nozzle all parts are usable.

The part that was taken off the Neo is now on the other, the other has a 0.8 tip which really makes the needle restriction useless, but it can still be used for clear coat.

I agree with Ranhalen on the micron it is a great detail brush , For large areas I either use my CS or mini SATA gun. But with the Neo and the CS both running a .35 tip you would have to go for a HPC or a CMC to get a smaller needle set up.

I agree with Ranhalen on the micron it is a great detail brush , For large areas I either use my CS or mini SATA gun. But with the Neo and the CS both running a .35 tip you would have to go for a HPC or a CMC to get a smaller needle set up.

You only like the Micron because it's the same as your name, lol

I have an evolution which I've heard good things about, but the next time I need a new airbrush, the micron is definitely in the running, when I see what Ran the man is producing these days it certainly doesn't sound like a bad choice.

I can actually get thinner lines with the Neo than I can with my cheap stuff.

For the time being I'll continue with the Neo, at least until I acquire something resembling talent.

You only like the Micron because it's the same as your name, lol

I have an evolution which I've heard good things about, but the next time I need a new airbrush, the micron is definitely in the running, when I see what Ran the man is producing these days it certainly doesn't sound like a bad choice.

I can actually get thinner lines with the Neo than I can with my cheap stuff.

For the time being I'll continue with the Neo, at least until I acquire something resembling talent.

Hey the name says it all , Since getting the Micron I feel I have gain control on my lines and airbrush by leaps and bounds.
But I also do not suggest anyone just going to buy one because Ran or I have one. Only if you can afford it. They are not cheap. But I feel for me it was money well spent.
I am a firm believer that it is not the airbrush that makes the artist but the airist who learns to work the airbrush , Me I am still in the learning stage but I am getting better.

Hey the name says it all , Since getting the Micron I feel I have gain control on my lines and airbrush by leaps and bounds.
But I also do not suggest anyone just going to buy one because Ran or I have one. Only if you can afford it. They are not cheap. But I feel for me it was money well spent.
I am a firm believer that it is not the airbrush that makes the artist but the airist who learns to work the airbrush , Me I am still in the learning stage but I am getting better.

hey now , i had to sell one of my mothers kidneys to get mine,

I believe everyone finds something that works for them, and any kind of precision tool will do the trick, I had no problems with my cheap brushes until now, they don't perform as well as they did at the start, but I noticed that all the chrome parts inside of them are tarnished and I think this is the cause, but that's why they were cheap of course.

I didn't want to spend money on expensive stuff until I knew for sure I would continue, now everything seems to be working out I've started to use my more expensive tools, soon I'll also try out the evolution, my cheap brushes can still be used where precision isn't an issue.

I've had loads of people recommend Iwata and I have to admit I'm convinced, I decided that if I'm going to use something like a Micron, I need to earn the right to not only use but also respect it, and that day is almost here, I spend more time cleaning my tools and have acquired the patience to care for them properly, even my cheaper brushes performed better with the right attention, I've even learned why it's not a good idea to leave cleaning fluid in the cup overnight.

Howcome you haven't used your H&S yet? I would have thought you'd notice a massive difference with that - the smooth trigger action, the finer detail, the reliability.. :) good to hear the neo works well though, would you recommend it for the money over the bulls?

Howcome you haven't used your H&S yet? I would have thought you'd notice a massive difference with that - the smooth trigger action, the finer detail, the reliability.. :) good to hear the neo works well though, would you recommend it for the money over the bulls?

I would definitely recommend it over the bulls, I haven't used the evo yet because i wanted to get better first, but I'll certainly be trying it very soon, but I'll pick up some new moisture traps first, if performs better than the neo, and I expect it will, I'll be one happy bunny.

I actually bought the Neo after some positive feefback here on the forum.

glad to hear you love the neo (for the money) i am awaiting my iwata hp bp. the tips for my tallon are 9 bucks, and the hp bp;s are 50. i,m hoping thats where the detail is.the neo sounds like a great choice for those starting out.

Good to hear it is not a dud like some other reviews. I guess if you start off with a good gun and you move down you will be disappointed. Waiting patiently for your review on the H&S.

Good to hear it is not a dud like some other reviews. I guess if you start off with a good gun and you move down you will be disappointed. Waiting patiently for your review on the H&S.

Thanks Andre, I have learned that I've been holding myself back, I can't believe how smooth this airbrush is, for someone on a budget and starting out this definitely a respectable choice, I can get reasonably fine detail with this and the modification took care of my only complaint which was inability to restrict the needle.

Since I'm so happy with how the Neo performed, I'm going to try out the Evolution today, I can't wait either now, lol

I'll post a review by the end of the day, I plan to try some specific exercises just to see how small and fine I can get, but I can honestly say I'm hopeful.

Back