Never touched an airbrush or compressor!!

B

Barnicle

Hi all

I would like to start airbrushing as I love drawing and art! although... I have no idea as to which compressor i should buy? I will be getting a badger airbrush that is second hand, what should i look out for to make sure that it is safe to buy? Is a 24 litre compressor enough or too much?

All help will be hugely appreciated!!

As far as compressor , My opinion is the bigger the better. But I also do mechanic works and run lifts for cars with mine.

As for the second hand airbrush. Is it coming form a family member or something you are looking to buy on the web?

As far as compressor , My opinion is the bigger the better. But I also do mechanic works and run lifts for cars with mine.

As for the second hand airbrush. Is it coming form a family member or something you are looking to buy on the web?

it is something i am buying on the web. it is a badger airbrush and it comes with 30 different paints, duco and acrylic and it has all the accessories.

barnicle -there are a few factors that may dictate what compresdor to buy. price, size, noise, make, volume of tank etc. ive got both types . a tankless and a 50 L. i prefer the larger one for both pressure management and volume of air between noise cycles. the portable one is great to take to shows or anywhere i want but it also makes a bit of a noise.

i have seen a 24l for a good price and it is a good make. it is noisy but noise isnt really an issue. Which surfaces can i use duco & acrylic paint on? which type of paint would i need to purchase to spray on shirts and plastic?

I say buy the brush, If you do have problems with it parts are affordable for the Badger line. And you have found the right spot to help you trouble shoot it if you do have issues with it.

WICKED made by Createx will work on t-shirt, Plastic(you will have to use an adhesion promoter ) metal and pretty much any surface you want to paint on..

It is colorfast (will not fade out in the sun) and has good color choice.
transparent base will take any of their colors and make them transparent.

thank you so much for the help!!! it is going to be such a huge headache trying to get paint in cape town as ive searched online but i havent come across anything!

thank you so much for the help!!! it is going to be such a huge headache trying to get paint in cape town as ive searched online but i havent come across anything!

I know some of the folks in the UK have places they use and we do have a few more folks from your area on here so maybe they can help you out.

Back