New acrylic paint...

T

Tat2missyj

Just got notice about this paint in my email from Jerry's Artarama:

Charvin Extra-Fine Artists' Acrylic Paints use only the finest in traditional and modern pigments — just like Charvin oils — triple-milled on a Swiss Buehler mill to an extreme degree of fineness and blended with only the highest quality acrylic polymer binder. The result is a paint with highly concentrated color, a luxurious creamy consistency, and a versatility that lends itself well to any technique from glazing to impasto. And just like their signature oil line, Charvin has created a wide range of over 100 vibrant colors that closely parallel all the beautiful colors of nature, making this deluxe line of acrylics the perfect choice for plein air painting — though studio artists are sure to love it as well. Available in 60ml tubes ideal for taking in the field, or generous 150ml tubes for unbelievable coverage, Charvin Extra-Fine Artists' Acrylic Paints provide the perfect palette for the...

Anyone ever used their oils? I think I might go pick up a tube to play with.

One of the guys at work uses their oils and loves them , Let me know what you think of them I have used Golden tube paint through my airbrush after watching a video by Lorenzo Sperlonga ..

I tried the Golden liquid ink stuff, and I love it. I'll get some more of those for sure.

I tried the Golden liquid ink stuff, and I love it. I'll get some more of those for sure.
If you like the Golden inks, try the FW [Daler & Rowney] branded stuff.
I find its great out of the bottle, comes with it's own dropper and reduces just fine with water; also a good range of colours made specifically for a/brush.
At the mo, I'm playing with Jacquard A/brush paints just to get a feel for 'em.
Will post a review when I think I'm done playing.

One of the guys at work uses their oils and loves them , Let me know what you think of them I have used Golden tube paint through my airbrush after watching a video by Lorenzo Sperlonga ..

I bought that video, while I was very impressed with his work, I wasnt very impressed with the video. Yes you get to watch what he is doing but he doesnt really "teach" while he is painting. It seemed like a lot of "this is how im doing this, you can do it other ways" and then move on. I picked up a few things but not sure it was worth the full price. JMHO of course.

Back