new airbrush won't pull paint or water

D

dah_kid

I have a brand new airbrush fresh out the box that won't pull paint or water..does anybody have ant suggestions can you please help me??

Well Kid . What make of airbrush is it?
What type of compressor do you have ?
What air pressure are you trying to use?
Just can not look into a magic ball and see all this stuff.
If you want the best help you can get to fix your problem it is best to give the best information that you can to get it.

I have a tc 20t air compressor..its a cheap airbrush like the one harbor freight sells..and I'm trying to run it at 35 to 40psi. I'm bout to experienced looking to get more in depth.

have you took the airbrush apart?
if not there are a few things to check .
Is it a gravity feed or a bottom feed.
Bottom feeds sometimes do not make a good seal which will not allow it to pull the paint up into the air chamber.
Also check the needle chuck that locks the needle in place. some makers leave this loose in shipping which means the needle is not being pulled back to release the paint.
A damaged nozzle can also cause this problem.
Loose air cap make also be the problem.

Yes it is a gravity feed..no I have not took it apart..the needle chuck is tight..what do you mean by they might have not made a good seal?? As in the seal in the bottle??..would I be better off just spending a lil more money on a better name brand airbrush or just keep trouble shooting?

I would suggest you take it back, save your money, and buy a better airbrush later. Its worth the extra money to get a good brush and you will enjoy using it more. Just my opinion. Best of luck with it if you decide to keep it. :)

It sounds like you may have gotten what I have come to call a Monday brush (made when folks are hung over)
I would send it back .
I am not sure what country you are located in or how much you paid for the brush.
But Badger and Iwata both make great brushes.
Badger if in the USA you can buy at Michael's craft store (Print off a 40% off coupon before going)
Iwata is carried by Hobby Lobby (also print off the 40% off coupon)
You can also get a hold of a member here by the name of Strictly Attitude..He is a dealer and has fast service.

Nothing against Harbor freight But on their airbrushes some folks have great luck others have bad luck.
We could spend hours trying to help you figure this out(harder to do over the net) But it is up to you.
Gravity feeds are pretty cut and dry. Paint is always in the cup and in the air feed chamber , So with air on (Trigger push straight down) when you pull the trigger back toward you paint should flow.
Brand new means there should not be a clog in the nozzle ,
Do you see bubble in the paint cup?

Yes it is a gravity feed..no I have not took it apart..the needle chuck is tight..what do you mean by they might have not made a good seal?? As in the seal in the bottle??..would I be better off just spending a lil more money on a better name brand airbrush or just keep trouble shooting?

Hi DK, cheap airbrushes are usually cheap for a reason, but we still need a lot more info over the problem, for example, if you put your hand in front of it can you feel air coming out of it? and if you put paint or water in it are there bubbles in the paint cup, everything happening on, in and around your airbrush is relevant to any problem that may arise.

If you actually know the name or make of your airbrush you can usually find a schematic for it on-line, I would suggest you check out Mitch's video on stripping and tuning an airbrush and try to become familiar with all the parts ans what they actually do, very important is that all seals do seal and and all small parts properly seated, it is also very important understand what can happen when one or checks have been missed or done wrong, including cleaning, you should always clean and lubricate a new airbrush before it's first use, a lot of airbrushes may contain deposits from the factory such as grease or oil used in machining or even minute metal shavings.

You should have magnifying glass at hand to check small parts periodically.

A lot of questions are being asked time and time again, and although we are here to willingly help, there is a mine of information in the archives over this and almost every other problem related to airbrushes.

I also have cheap airbrushes but I also have 40 years experience spraying normal spray guns which are generally larger versions of an airbrush, therefore i have no problem being able to tune them so that I can get the best out of them, I have been using four cheap brushes for almost one and a half years with no problems, or at least none that I don't how to fix, the most expensive airbrush in the world will now help if there is someone behind it who doesn't fully understand it and even it would break in the wrong hands, basically a good airbrush does not make a good airbrusher.

try water at 40 psi see if it works.i may saw also that paasche airbrush might also help(vl), at least badger,iwata,paasche have reasonable guarantees.cheap is always like fliping the coin, sometimes good luck some times bad luck.

tell us how it goes.i´ll love to see what happens.

Back