New and proud of it.

W

widutoit

Hi All I am very new to airbrushing. I started building models with my son and then got caught in the airbrushing craze. I use Air craft airbrushes at 20 to 30 Psi. I am good at copying drawings with pencil so hope to translate that to airbrushing.:glee:

Thanx a lot. I am still extremely new and still trying to sort out what paint to use. I just found someone in South Africa that supplies Vallejo Model air paint. No Createx or any of the other better paints available or at a reasonable price. What paint would you recommend that is pre-thinned for airbrushing?

Hi welcome here! You will enjoy this forum. I'm sure! :) I recommend the comart paints is ready to paint from the bottle. I started with this I was really satisfied with it. But I'm sure the guys will come up with other solution! ;)
Cheers
Joe

dont know if comart is suitable for plastics though???? is it lightfast? comart is very thin and perfect for spraying straight out of the bottle with a decent size nozzle, but to be honest most water colour acrylic paints need some reduction./thinning before they will spray how you would like. wicked is an excellent paint as its lightfast, strong durable, vibrant colours and suitable for every kind of surface, from paper to metal.... there are a few members fromk S.A here widutoit!, ANDREZA is one and a very knowledgeable helpful member, he may be able to help you source some paint.

dont know if comart is suitable for plastics though???? is it lightfast? comart is very thin and perfect for spraying straight out of the bottle with a decent size nozzle, but to be honest most water colour acrylic paints need some reduction./thinning before they will spray how you would like. wicked is an excellent paint as its lightfast, strong durable, vibrant colours and suitable for every kind of surface, from paper to metal.... there are a few members fromk S.A here widutoit!, ANDREZA is one and a very knowledgeable helpful member, he may be able to help you source some paint.

Yah I missed that plastic part! ;)

Welcome Wid. I came to this forum only a few days ago and like you " a newbie at airbrushing" and i must say that the people on here are welcoming, friendly and they sure know alot about airbrushing.

I have the Badger Velocity with a .021 needle and i use the Vallejo model air paints but i find they still need thinning down maybe because of the Ultra Fine needle tho.

Ask anything and im sure someone will give you the answer.

Good look mate

Mike

Hi All. This is awesome the best response I have ever received on any forum. I will take all the advise to hart and hopefully I can someday also be as knowledgeable as all of you. What is the best thinning agent for the Vallejo model air paint? I will see If I can find a supplier of wicked paint in SA.

I just did a search and I see Wicked is part of the Createx stable. Not available in South Africa. There are people that will bring it in but at 4 times the cost. Anyone know of a different way to get hold of it?

as i say widutoit..... andreza is from sa and i think (possibly) he uses wicked.... there where another couple of members also from sa who where asking about paint suppliers in sa, but i can not remeber there names..... speak to andreza he will sort you out no doubt!

welcome from honduras,hope you can call this place home as i do!!!:angel:

Back