new bloke needing help with air brush

A

ahoytheremate

gday /all im new to airbrushing i have spray painted many vehicles in the army ,what im looking to airbrush is my brothers E.P.N.S. (electro plated nickel silver } cutlery which he makes into dragons ,seahorses,griffins,and lizards etc,what i would like to know is
1. what sort of metal primer i should use
2. what prep eg sand paper grade etc?
3.what paint is recommended for outdoor use under a verandah .
Thank you if you can help /Regards /Les

Les
With a proper introduction we would know things like where on this planet you are from.
What if any equipment you have or are thinking of buying.
What type of compressor you have.
That could have been done here http://www.airbrushforum.org/introductions/
But I suggest he for go the plating of the metal due to how paint holds up on plated product. Powder coating would last longer ,
Acid Etching primer if you go with bare metal
Would need pictures of what the metal looks like in it's finished state to really guild you on what you need.
Paints you can use Wicked (made by Createx) it is design for most surfaces and is water based.

LOL you got it. But so many times folks come on looking for a fast answer (and get it most of the time) then we never see them again.
I am trying to get these folks involved and engaged in this great forum that is willing to help anyone.
But I do expect an introduction :D
I am with you Mr. Micron, good thing for me that I introduce myself first and then ask questions.
A little bit of politeness goes a long way.

I am with you Mr. Micron, good thing for me that I introduce myself first and then ask questions.
A little bit of politeness goes a long way.
noticed he has not came back to follow up on his question ..
But I know you posted your intro :D

noticed he has not came back to follow up on his question ..
But I know you posted your intro :D
It is his lost. I am very grateful for this forum and its members, very helpful and willing to help and share their knowledge.

It is his lost. I am very grateful for this forum and its members, very helpful and willing to help and share their knowledge.
It is his loss and yes that is why Mitch started this forum so everyone could help each other and learn from one another and have a great place to hang out and have fun.
What most fail to understand is that we will help but we can only help if we know certain things , Where you live (we do not want your street address ) just the country or state. what brand name is your airbrush , what paint and what air pressure and sometime it also help to know what compressor.
Unless you are joining to find help on picking out a nice starter kit. then we just like to know more about you ... Why cause I look at everyone here as family, We care for each other and respect each other.
Maybe that is why we are the most active air brush forum going right now.

maybe he doesn't 'live' on this forum like some of us :whistling:

he may only log in once a week, don't be too harsh, its only been a couple of days, and as you say we are pretty active here, he probably wasn't expecting a response within 10 minutes LOL
I've been on some forums where it can take a few days for anyone to view a post let alone answer it

Good point. But Mr. Micron has a good point. I have read some post where the author just ask a question and don't even introduce him or herself. Good night gentlemen from LAX.

maybe he doesn't 'live' on this forum like some of us :whistling:

he may only log in once a week, don't be too harsh, its only been a couple of days, and as you say we are pretty active here, he probably wasn't expecting a response within 10 minutes LOL
I've been on some forums where it can take a few days for anyone to view a post let alone answer it
I use to be on forums like that then I found this place and made it home. But an understand what you are saying, But to many time I have seen folks come on ask a question and get an answer and respond to it a few time and even when asked for a proper intro never give one .

gday /all im new to airbrushing i have spray painted many vehicles in the army ,what im looking to airbrush is my brothers E.P.N.S. (electro plated nickel silver } cutlery which he makes into dragons ,seahorses,griffins,and lizards etc,what i would like to know is
1. what sort of metal primer i should use
2. what prep eg sand paper grade etc?
3.what paint is recommended for outdoor use under a verandah .
Thank you if you can help /Regards /Les
Well i am back and i cant reply straight away as i drive road trains in the bush and only have a sat phn for comms and sometimes i am away for 5 weeks at a time . thank you for the suggestions .

Well i am back and i cant reply straight away as i drive road trains in the bush and only have a sat phn for comms and sometimes i am away for 5 weeks at a time . thank you for the suggestions .
Thanks for coming back hope you post your intro and join in on the fun around here, The more the merryer

Back