New brush

E

eehunt

I started air brushing gaming controllers for people and had a good amount of practice. The gun I currently have is a harbor freight gun and its starting to go :neglected:. This means a new gun lol I was looking at the badger 105 from Michael's but I seen a good amount of people recommend the krome. Need some help guys and girls thanks :adoration: - Eric

I started air brushing gaming controllers for people and had a good amount of practice. The gun I currently have is a harbor freight gun and its starting to go :neglected:. This means a new gun lol I was looking at the badger 105 from Michael's but I seen a good amount of people recommend the krome. Need some help guys and girls thanks :adoration: - Eric

Eric
The Krome is a great all around airbrush. It comes with the ultra fine .2 nozzle system in it and a .3 that you can switch out to.
it is a gravity feed airbrush. But being in higher demand as of lately you may have to wait a extra week of so to get one being a lot of places seem to be out of stock on them.
I assume you live here in the USA being you talked about Michael's , Do you also have a Hobby Lobby in your town?
if so you may want to have a look at the Iwata Eclipse CS it too is a work horse of a brush.
Buy at both Michael's and hobby lobby you can print a 40% off coupon and save your self some money.

Not please make an introduction post so we can welcome you to the family. and post up some of them controllers.
It will help us to see how much detail you are trying to get on that small area.

Welcome Eric! Listen to the Herb, (lol) he is a coupon fiend lolol I have a Badger Krome, and I love it!!

I have two of the Iwata HP CS brushes and a Micron CMC Plus. The CS brushes are great all purpose brushes, you won't go wrong if you decide to buy one. I bought the Micron to get fine detail.

Thanks for the advice I know the michaels by me has two brushes one for 125 and another for 180 something so I'm guessing it might be the krome fingers crossed :) but I got the 40% coupon too thanks so much all!:adoration:

i have a michaels by me to and they dont have the krome there another brush is the velocity its the same as the krome trust me i have both only diference is the triger mechanism and coating

Agree Michaels usually only has the 105 patriot and 155 anthem for dual action brushes. You can also find great prices and service at coast airbrush dot com.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Guys just curious how's the badger patriot 105?

I have 2. Great all around brush. Versatile, not too expensive, sturdy, parts are fairly inexpensive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The Krome is a favourite, I don't have one, but hear good things. I personally love the hp-cs, it's a great all rounder, that does amazing detail work too. It's easy to clean and maintain, and is tough as old boots. Spares aren't too cheap, but unless you drop one needle first, or throw it at a wall, you won't need to buy them. It's a well made, awesome brush for the money.

I ended up getting the 105 for right now after I get taxes back ill order the krome :) just have to get a fitting for my harbor freight compressor

I ended up getting the 105 for right now after I get taxes back ill order the krome :) just have to get a fitting for my harbor freight compressor

Good to here you are getting closer to letting paint fly:D I look forward to seeing your practice.. as well as first paintings.

Couldn't get a fitting -_- so returned the compressor and bought a badger cyclone from michaels with 40 off :) hopefully it works good :)

haha i do a lot :p they also hooked me up with a % off my paint lol

Being as your going to prob be painting really small detail work down the track on your controllers, a gun designed for detail work as the krome is will prob be a good bet..Good luck..

Being as your going to prob be painting really small detail work down the track on your controllers, a gun designed for detail work as the krome is will prob be a good bet..Good luck..

Same thing I would say. I just got my Krome, and I love it. I compared it to my sotar, not much of a difference but the krome still takes in the win, atleast with detail.

Back