New dude from Denmark

L

Lostcommander

Hi Guys,
I've been lurking for a couple of weeks then signed up as i not only wanted to observe this great community but also be a part of it.

I originally bought an airbrush (HS Ultra) in march last year primarily to do some priming and basecoloring of plastic models and wargaming miniatures, along the way i "upgraded" my airbrush to an Infinity 2in1 and bought a Badger Krome from a friend that gave up on the airbrush adventure. After trying the HP-C Plus from another friend i suddenly understood the hype around the Iwata brushes and went out and bought a HP-CH when i this spring decided that i would like to more with the airbrush than just use it as a glorified spraycan.

So practicing dots, daggers, blends etc. resulted in me trying to paint some nice hands, which at the beginning didnt go so well, tried it three times before i decided that enough of this, lets move on.
More practices of dots, daggers and blends and last week i again was ready to proceed with the next level, a part of my sons face was the subject here, and it turned out ok, in fact i will not do this a second or third time but instead move on to other pictures and do these as well (keeping up the motivation this and not burning out my self)

foto.JPGHands2.JPGhands3.JPGfoto.JPG

looking forward to post up my future progress and to get invaluable feedback from all you guys out there.

Attachments

• Hands2.JPG
    Hands2.JPG
    26.5 KB · Views: 16
Hi and welcome aboard :) . I can see your doing good already, just keep up the practice and you will get better and better.

Welcome to the forum
The hand practice looks like that from Mr. Daniel Powers DVD (I learned a lot from that DVD) face looks good as well , Mitch has a lot of great video on here and I have learn a lot from watching them as well.
Look forward to seeing more of your work .

Welcome!! Cant wait to see more of your work!! I think there will be good things coming out of Denmark in the near future!!!

Hi and welcome aboard :) . I can see your doing good already, just keep up the practice and you will get better and better.
Thanks I will keep up the practicing, next is a full face/head and I know I will be challenged on the hair.

Welcome to the forum
The hand practice looks like that from Mr. Daniel Powers DVD (I learned a lot from that DVD) face looks good as well , Mitch has a lot of great video on here and I have learn a lot from watching them as well.
Look forward to seeing more of your work .
Yeah I’m watching the Power Series 1 DVD set while I learn all this stuff, he is a great teacher and the DVD’s are just great, with a lot of content and explanations.

Welcome!! Cant wait to see more of your work!! I think there will be good things coming out of Denmark in the near future!!!
Thanks i better get to it again in order to show some more then, would hate to let you down.

Great to have you on the forum. Try not to get frustrated and keep your expectations in check. I think you have started off wonderfully and trust me your improvement will come in leaps and bounds. Mostly have fun with it. You have the gift.

Great to have you on the forum. Try not to get frustrated and keep your expectations in check. I think you have started off wonderfully and trust me your improvement will come in leaps and bounds. Mostly have fun with it. You have the gift.
Thanks for your warm welcome.
I actually is forcing my expectations to be a little low right now as i am in the learning phase of this, but the step I took in control from the 3 hands pictures to the face have surpassed all my expectations and hopes of how fast this would go.
Wether or not i have the gift i do not know, but the one gift i have and is willing to use right now is the ability to focus on the small technique and control exercises needed to move on.

hello mate
its nice to c u here..
me want to visit denmark soon :D

Hi guys,

Sorry for the late reply, but the holidays with the family kind of dictated full focus on other stuff than airbrushing (was in a cottage with no online capabilities)

But thanks for your welcome

welcome to the forum lostcommander
its nice to see how much youv improved over the coarse of those pictures you done a excellent job on the last one

well brother come, be part of this forum is an honor for all ;)

Hey welcome aboard mate, love what you have done already, sane as you, on hols with the family with really bad Internet connection!! Your amongst good people :)

Back