New from B.C Canada

M

Maverick84

Hi all! I'm 34, from Victoria B.C Canada, and completely new to the world of airbrushing. I figured it was time to finally pull the trigger and get my first airbrush this summer (Iawata Eclipse), after saying "I'm gonna get an airbrush!" for literally the last 20 years! Though I'm still trying to find the right compressor.

I've always been drawn to Japanese art, i.e woodblock prints, silk paintings, and ink paintings. During my time as a tattoo apprentice, I discovered my undying love for Irezumi (traditional Japanese tattoo art), and and have devoted the vast majority of my time to drawing/painting that style of art ever since.

I paint mostly on paper, canvases and prepped sheets of plywood. I'm beyond stoked I found this site after the countless days I spent trying to find reviews on airbrushes, compressors, paints etc. and can't wait to talk to the other artists on this site!!!

Welcome to the forum! You've come to the right place for help to get started. Feel free to ask any questions you might have.

That Japanese art is fascinating. I'm into fountain pens and love some of the artwork that goes into the handmade pens!

Welcome to the forum! You've come to the right place for help to get started. Feel free to ask any questions you might have.

That Japanese art is fascinating. I'm into fountain pens and love some of the artwork that goes into the handmade pens!

Welcome maverick!

And for a quick detour already what are some good sites to look at custom fountain pens jurien? i was looking the other day and wasnt finding much spectacular even though i know theres a bunch of people that customize them and such....somewhere

Welcome to the forum Maverick, i'm sure with all our experience and knowledge we will get you up and running in no time.

Lee

Welcome Maverick. I was in your shoes a while ago and the best move I made was joining this forum. Fantastic people who have basically taught me everything I know. I’m sure you’ll dig it too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello and welcome from Northern Ontario Maverick :)
If you haven't already... Check into California Air Tools. They make decent silent air compressors available at Home Depot ( that will be my next air compressor once my Power jet pro craps out).
As for paints... Take a look at the different lines Createx provides ( Autobourne, Illustration, Wicked, Wicked Detail, Candy 2O).
And since you're in the neighbourhood...give a look at Maple Airbrush supplies. Ms. Donna will have just about everything you'll need for your airbrush journey.
Welcome aboard

Last edited:
Back