New from IL

231mat

Hi everyone,
My name is Mat. I joined airbrushforums to learn a little and maybe find an internship with an airbrush artist. I am somewhat new to air brushing. I know how to control an airbrush fairly well, so I got that down pact. If you live in IL and are looking to teach me; I am more than happy to learn. I am a college student currently, not looking to make money off airbrushing just a cool skill I want to learn. I know how to do body work and painting. I am a car nut. I own a Buick ttype that’s my big toy. Other than that here to learn all I can. As I said, if you live in IL near Chicago suburbs; I want to really learn from you. I will do any grunt work just to learn this skill. I have been looking for classes but have been unsuccessful. If you know of any class please tell me too.

Hope to learn a lot

mat

Welcome Home, Not sure about any shop owners on here from your area , Ken Badger might be able to give you a few leads.
But post of some of your work and as far as classes look ing to airbrush actions getaways they hold them in Chicago , Plus Marissa is holding a class on photorealism in may ,

Welcome mat, it's a tough thing to get an internship but I hope you get the opportunity. Great to have you on the forum and keep us updated on your search..

Welcome aboard friend from the UK, dive in, have fun and don't forget to spread the love:)

Hi everyone,
My name is Mat. I joined airbrushforums to learn a little and maybe find an internship with an airbrush artist. I am somewhat new to air brushing. I know how to control an airbrush fairly well, so I got that down pact. If you live in IL and are looking to teach me; I am more than happy to learn. I am a college student currently, not looking to make money off airbrushing just a cool skill I want to learn. I know how to do body work and painting. I am a car nut. I own a Buick ttype that’s my big toy. Other than that here to learn all I can. As I said, if you live in IL near Chicago suburbs; I want to really learn from you. I will do any grunt work just to learn this skill. I have been looking for classes but have been unsuccessful. If you know of any class please tell me too.

Hope to learn a lot

mat

Mat,

You replied to my intro post.
Chicago as well, far North side, Rodgers Park.
I am definitely NOT the person to view as a "teacher" in airbrushing however, due to our local proximity I believe we can be of some assistance to one another.
I have been in the creative/artistic fields my entire adult, and professional life. (since 1983...) Started airbrushing for the first time in September of 2012.
Certain that each of us has experiences which differ. With those we learn new tricks and develop new ideas.
Let's get this moving along and start creating...

Welcome mat, hope you find someone in your area. You show the signs of being really good, with or without and teacher.

Josh

Back