New from South Africa

I

ilzeairbrushing

Hi All, My name is Ilze... and I am an Airbrushoholic...... I been drawing and Oil and water painting for most of my life, but discovered Airbrushing last year, and what a journey. I am very new to this addictive hobby, but are looking forward to all the new tutorials and tricks of the trade. I am addicted to the videos on utube and spend every moment possible (when at work) learning, just to practice them at home .....

Internationally there is so much great talent and I never ahhh'd ooooohed and wowwwwww'd as much as since I became an Airbrush Addict..... I am in awe with all the turorials, videos of the great masters and it would be very unethical for me to name all you great guys and gilrs, but wow the talent is astounding!!! I am very very new in this and I am learning a bit faster than I would expect, using the tips from utube bullet line, flick on flick of, how to reduce tipdrying etc etc and now I'm sounding boring... but I want to know everything.

So thank you for giving me this opportunity to be part of your world.....

Welcome Ilze. It is a great and sometimes very frustrating hobby to be involved with. Come and join the SA Airbrush group on Facebook. Link in my signature.

Hi AndreZA we are connected on FB it seems I joined your group already, thank you for inviting me again.... Any idea where I can buy paint and accessories except at Airbrush Warehouse online?
Looking forward to send some of my work through....

Hi AndreZA we are connected on FB it seems I joined your group already, thank you for inviting me again.... Any idea where I can buy paint and accessories except at Airbrush Warehouse online?
Looking forward to send some of my work through....

Airbrushwarehouse is the Createx agent and now Badger as well. For Schmincke you can go to The Deckle Edge in Cape Town. Daler Rowney FW inks can be bought from most art shops. I use E'tac and I import those direct from usairbrush.com.

Welcome from Australia, AndreZA has already got you covered and he has a lot of great info on his blog if you havenā€™t already found it.
We look forward to seeing some pictures of your work, even if it is dots and daggers we can help you along the way. Starting out is fun and frustrating but with the right attitude you will get there :)

IMG-20171219-WA0047.jpeg One of my most recent drawings ....

20180120_084951.jpg

This is where it started... my very first picture I tried, then decided nope need to help.... google here I come....

So I been reading a few comments on the Forum, peaked at a few artworks in progress, completed and read the responses from the Masters.... I am very much impressed with the guidance advise and help each and everyone receives.... this almost feels like family, a world away from my own, where I can be just me, learn, create, try fail and try again until I get it right without judgement, just open and honest opinion help and guidance, and then I have to add appraisal... when I look at some of the work, reading the responses, the appraisals pushed me to a point where I want to bring my airbrush to work....oh my.... there goes my dayjob.... pretty soon there wont be time for work, just..... AIRBRUSH!!!! I can't wait for that day.....

IMG-20180201-WA0077.jpg joker face on Busa mud guard.. just had to try createx ... little tip dry.. even flow of paint makes it easy to control the trigger... very impressed...

So I been reading a few comments on the Forum, peaked at a few artworks in progress, completed and read the responses from the Masters.... I am very much impressed with the guidance advise and help each and everyone receives.... this almost feels like family, a world away from my own, where I can be just me, learn, create, try fail and try again until I get it right without judgement, just open and honest opinion help and guidance, and then I have to add appraisal... when I look at some of the work, reading the responses, the appraisals pushed me to a point where I want to bring my airbrush to work....oh my.... there goes my dayjob.... pretty soon there wont be time for work, just..... AIRBRUSH!!!! I can't wait for that day.....

we try to help and support everyone here. This place has got me to where i am today, still a long way to go but with the limited time i have i think i'm doing ok. If we can help we will, even if you didnt ask for help lol. We try and stay away from patting people on the head and suggesting they pay $$$$ and have professional lessons. Thats just never going to happen for most here so we go with what we have here, a global community of people who love doing what they do and are happy to help and guide those that are just beginning. There is no judgement just a group of lunatics that enjoy spreading the love.

Me too! As JackEb said... indeed this forum is speading the love!
Welcome from Greece. :thumbsup:
Kalimera.... Kala essee.... Im addicted to this Forum, have a new lifeline besides my addiction to airbrushing and I do feel at HOME!!!

Hello Ilze!
greetings from the netherlands!
Your first pieces looks very good already :)

-Souldog Airbrush

Back