New Guy from the UK

D

dazt2801

Hi All

My name is Darren and I live in Plymouth, in the UK.

I am just starting to use my airbrush for more artistic uses instead of just using them on my scale models. I have been looking around at various tutorials and found that Airbrush Tutor.com was the best.

I hope to make use of the excellent tutorials on here and pick the brains of the more experienced members on here and in her future get some work posted on here as well.

Cheers Darren

excellent darren, nice to have you on board. dont be afraid to ask questions and get pictures on here in the works in progress section as soon as you have some ink on your canvas
regards

adam

excellent darren, nice to have you on board. dont be afraid to ask questions and get pictures on here in the works in progress section as soon as you have some ink on your canvas
regards

adam

big warm welcome Darren:) hope you enjoy your time here and learn lots my friend:)

Hi and welcome aboard Darren :)

Hey all

Many thanks for the welcome. I am just using the practice sheets from the Airbrush Website at the minute and going to attempt the Eye when I am in work on my own tomorrow. Good thing about my job is that I am sat behind CCTV cameras all day meaning I can do other things as well without being disturbed.

I have had some one on one teaching with a guy called Tony who owns Smart FX in Plymouth. He taught me a lot in an hour, by doing the practice drills and showing me all the basics like looking after your brush and the PSI that needs to be running.

I will get a pic of the eye up tomorrow unless I am totally ashamed of it.

Many thanks

Darren

Put the eye pic up however it comes out. There's nothing to be ashamed of. We all had to start somewhere, and if you're up for it, people will be more than happy to give you some constructive criticism, hints/tips etc, which can only be done if you can see how you did. You'll learn much quicker that way mate, and a compliment or two really does motivate you to try something else.

yes post it regardless or we will all boo and probably talk about you behind your back. I'm just saying its in your interest

I'm with the others, welcome and post it up. There's no paint snobs allowed in here, lol. You'll get honest help, and sometimes you just need someone to explain why things happen to get over some of the hurdles that may come along.

Hello Darren, welcome aboard, expect to see your progress

Hey All

Well already hit my first problem this morning. I cant get Adobe to open so I can print off the exercises. AAAARRRGGGHHHH.

O well. I will download them all again and install Adobe. You will see some of my ever so dodgy work today. I have bought some ready mixed paint to specifically practice with from a mate of mine so I can concentrate straight on the airbrushing itself.

Cheers Darren

You'll have those distractions outside of the airbrush itself, it just seems to come with the territory. Hold on to that ability to say "O well"... it can get frustrating when you're in the mood, and something comes up to slow your progress. :distracted:

Aaaarrrggghhh :miserable::miserable::miserable::miserable:

I give up. Everything is fighting against me to be able to hit these practice pieces. My air hose is leaking and I dont know what to do about it. I have used thread sealing tape on the compressor valve but the air is leaking out of the nut on the end of the air hose. Its the air hose side its coming out of, not where its attached to the compressor valve.

I am getting annoyed now. New air hose it is then, but thats no good to me today while I am sat in work. Another day where I cant get any paint down.

Cheers Darren

Welcome to the wonderful world of airbrushing. It's where I get to practise my best swears.

and some you never knew existed until they come blurting out of your mouth......compound swears!

Sorry to hear you're having more trouble. Don't let it discourage you... It does seem that airbrushing has a lot more ways for things to go wrong than almost any other medium, it's just the nature of the beast. Remember, you are trying to get the left side of your brain in sync with a machine or two, a good bit of plumbing, any number of different paints or dyes, and a surface that may or may not want anything to stick to it.

I quite often talk to my airbrush... I remind it that that pencil over there doesn't ever give me any grief, never does what I didn't expect, it only makes lines where I want them...lol.

:02.47-tranquillity: You have to expect the unexpected, especially early on. It doesn't take long and you will find your groove. I happen to live where there isn't an art store for hundreds of miles, I do everything online. Which meant I would wait at least a week or two every time I needed a new piece or paint, or anything. It was frustrating at first but it wasn't long and I had a basic set up with what I needed to get by.

Head up, and all that, it is worth it...

Hey All

We have lift off. I noticed a small hairline crack in the valve attached to the compressor. I took it off and that crack opened up. So I managed to find a new one in work, where they have loads of compressors and got this hooked up. With that done the airline was fine and I am now getting paint down on to the practice pieces.

I am hoping to have a go at the eye later today so once I do I will get it put up on here.

Cheers Darren

Welcome to an excellent forum mate, you will learn a lot from others, people on here really helpful

Hey All

We have lift off. I noticed a small hairline crack in the valve attached to the compressor. I took it off and that crack opened up. So I managed to find a new one in work, where they have loads of compressors and got this hooked up. With that done the airline was fine and I am now getting paint down on to the practice pieces.

I am hoping to have a go at the eye later today so once I do I will get it put up on here.

Cheers Darren
if they got any more compressors going spare! or delivery lorries with very unstable backs, you know where to come ;0)

Back