New Guy here from Texas!

N

NEO_Lures

What's going peeps,names john and I just started up a small business that started as a hobby. I custom paint fishing lures and I've lurked around on here and noticed I'm not the only guy on here that also does this. Been doing it for alittle over a month and have had great success so far. Decided to join to learn new things and possibly pick up some equipment here and there.

If your interested in seeing some of my work, check out NEO Lures on instagram and facebook page.

Thanx! I'll actually be in Washington state at the end of the month for vacation.

Thanx man and I'm in houston. I've actually sold a couple of my lures to a guy in San Antonio. But I doubt he's on here...lol

Welcome to the forum ,My names also John and I also make fishing lures (Muskie lure mostly but a few bass lures get some paint now and then)

Awesome! Ill be painting some of those myself soon. Just having a hard time finding muskie blanks right now. I mainly paint bass lures,but have caught numerous crappie,bluegill,gar and catfish on them.

All my muskie lures are hand made hardwood so it will hold up to the beating it gets from both fish and fishermen

Have any pics of your work? Never painted wood.lures before,but I'm sure the same application applies to them as plastic lures

I would use a jig head,prob 1/8 ounce,chartreuse,bright blue or green head with a white grub body. That should do the trick. Just flick it out there with a couple twitches here and there as you reel it in. That's what worked for me in the past.

Welcome home and by the grass showing in some of those lure pics I say east Texas are cause we all know West Texas has no grass LMAO
Yes I moved to Indiana from El Paso Texas.

Now the only parts of Texas that are sparse on grass are the Trace and West Texas. The rest of the state is pretty green all the way out to the cap rock!

Back