New H&S Evolution AL

AndreZA

Air-Valve Autobot!
Evolution ALplus is our first aluminium airbrush
#harderandsteenbeck adds a whole new meaning to the term "air brush": The brand new Evolution ALplus is Harder & Steenbeck's first airbrush made from aluminium, giving it an almost airy weight of only 56 g, just about half as much as a traditional airbrush. And its design is striking as well, with a stylish matte black finish accentuated by chromed open needle cap, cup, lever and centre ring. The Evolution ALplus is available as a solo model with 0.2 mm fine line nozzle set and 2 ml flow cup and as a 2-in-1 version with an additional 0.4 mm nozzle set and 5 ml flow cup. Other than that, the ALplus has all of the Evolution CRplus models' tried and tested ergonomics, features and functionalities.

ev_al.jpg

[video=youtube;5MDvSNsk7d4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MDvSNsk7d4[/video]

Last edited:
Thanks for making me spend some more money. ;) The question is, did they add an adjustment to the trigger tension on this one? That is the only thing that stopped me from getting an evolution in the first place.

cute little video fancy high teck images of the box and music show the gun as for me after my issues with the infinity il strick to renegades or iwatwas

cute little video fancy high teck images of the box and music show the gun as for me after my issues with the infinity il strick to renegades or iwatwas

What issues did you have with the infinity? It is my favorite brush. I get better control and detail of it than any airbrush I own.

The only thing that has held me back from purchasing from H&S is the multiple reports I've read about the .2 needles being extremely fragile... to the point where people have bent them when removing tip dry. Does this new brush use the same alloys in the needle?

that was my biggest issue that and the teflon nozzle seal it would be better if it was a rubber o ring i never use anything other thain water base. also the fragile needle exactly what forever young said i am notorious for bending needles ansd i bought many replace ment needles for infinity also i ave noticed i bent a couple slightly while wiping off tip dry . I have around 10 needles now and for the most part there all repaired . i only had two incident with the micron and one was an accidental fall whichj i replaced the whole fluid head and fixxed my ab holder and ther other was my fault i dropped it rushing. lastly the micron needle is so much stronger anbd thicker the infinity alsois not that consistant but i cant rule out damage thats why the rubber o ring would be allot better. any leak in the nozzle will cause problens

Dont go by what i say i had a tough time with wicked and createx and i may have damaged the inside of the air brush trying to clean out dried up paint so the only thing i could ttry is a brand bnew infinity with efx or com art i have goten some fine stuff from my infinity its just not as responsive as the micron or krome and im not about to buy a new one if i was going to get another infinity i would thrwin a couple of more dolars and get another cmsb

The only thing that has held me back from purchasing from H&S is the multiple reports I've read about the .2 needles being extremely fragile... to the point where people have bent them when removing tip dry. Does this new brush use the same alloys in the needle?

I've used the same needle since i bought mine for 2 years now. Its the 0.15
They are more fragile than iwata but if u handle it like u should with any airbrush it won't cause a problem. I honestly dont get the big fuss about the needles.

I've used the same needle since i bought mine for 2 years now. Its the 0.15
They are more fragile than iwata but if u handle it like u should with any airbrush it won't cause a problem. I honestly dont get the big fuss about the needles.

Me either. I use my .15 setup almost daily. I gave never had a problem with bending the needle, or damaged nozzles. Any parts I've had to replace in any of my airbrushes have been completely my own doing. I done see where the bent needle from removing tip dry comes from, if that were to happen, the needle could have been defective. I've stuck my hand a few time to where I was sure I bent my .15 needle, but it was fine. They are not that fragile in my experience.

i will only say in my defense that i am a bit rough with my equipment not absolutly sure if i damaged the needle by wiping off tip dry I am care full withthe equipment moost damage was done iether dropping or doing fine detail fast and close and having a hard landing lol i don't advise taking protective caps off but i dont even know or care what happened to mine lol

i will only say in my defense that i am a bit rough with my equipment not absolutly sure if i damaged the needle by wiping off tip dry I am care full withthe equipment moost damage was done iether dropping or doing fine detail fast and close and having a hard landing lol i don't advise taking protective caps off but i dont even know or care what happened to mine lol

Yeah, I just don't see how bending the needle by picking paint off would bend it. Seems to me it would take some good pressure.
Regardless, I will be buying one when the hit Coast AB or Chicago ABS. I was going to buy an Evolution, but I'll wait til this one is on the market.

dont get me wrong if i had the money i would to just to have anoother prety air brush lol one thing i do love about the infinity is i practice script writing itas awesome fine detail and control trainingespecialy if you can wright prety and keep it smaller thain normal and the infinity does that besides i never got to try the thing out with com or etac efx when it was brand new that guns been through the mill id like too give a brand new infinity a go with com art or efx

dont get me wrong if i had the money i would to just to have anoother prety air brush lol one thing i do love about the infinity is i practice script writing itas awesome fine detail and control trainingespecialy if you can wright prety and keep it smaller thain normal and the infinity does that besides i never got to try the thing out with com or etac efx when it was brand new that guns been through the mill id like too give a brand new infinity a go with com art or efx

I was having inconsistent response out of my .4 a while back and almost gave up on it. I took the advice of the guy from the Iwata maintenance video, took an old Iwata needle and scuffed the tapered portion with sand paper. I got a small piece of cotton off the end of a Q-Tip and wrapped it around the tip of the needle. Put a drop of Denatured alcohol, then lightly rotated it in the nozzle. The cotton came out black, then the nozzle sprayed like a dream. It turned out my maintenance practices were bad and I was allowing paint to dry in the nozzle without knowing it. The same problem happened with all my brushes, which is when I first looked into the problem. I can spray some real great detail with the .4 and .15 with EFX, Comart, and Createx Illustration(requires more reduction than the other two).

I myself have a problem with Airbrush Acquisition Syndrome, so this will likely be my next toy.

hello my name is air brushing ferret and i am an airbrushing and airbrush collecting addict lmao I am trying to doa free hand American flag about 3 8ths of an inch long it needs to be free handed and the micron isnt up to it because it has a wee fracture and the edge of the nozzle is all goofed so im thinking tomorrow i will mess with the infinity the painting is on smooth shiny poster board if it were paper air brush board or Masonite i would have no problem and if i didnt ding up my micron it would be no problem i will start a thread tomorrow called another light house and as for that trick with the scuffed up needle and cotton i highly recommend it i do it all the time also use a loop to examine the inside of the nozzle

I myself have a problem with Airbrush Acquisition Syndrome, so this will likely be my next toy.[/QUOTE]

Welcome to the group, meetings are whenever we get the urge to buy more stuff, if you feel guilty about buying more stuff, feel free to send it to me.

I myself have a problem with Airbrush Acquisition Syndrome, so this will likely be my next toy.

Welcome to the group, meetings are whenever we get the urge to buy more stuff, if you feel guilty about buying more stuff, feel free to send it to me.[/QUOTE]

I've seen your signature. I am just an amateur. Although, by paint collection is getting out of freaking hand.

Evolution ALplus is our first aluminium airbrush
#harderandsteenbeck adds a whole new meaning to the term "air brush": The brand new Evolution ALplus is Harder & Steenbeck's first airbrush made from aluminium, giving it an almost airy weight of only 56 g, just about half as much as a traditional airbrush. And its design is striking as well, with a stylish matte black finish accentuated by chromed open needle cap, cup, lever and centre ring. The Evolution ALplus is available as a solo model with 0.2 mm fine line nozzle set and 2 ml flow cup and as a 2-in-1 version with an additional 0.4 mm nozzle set and 5 ml flow cup. Other than that, the ALplus has all of the Evolution CRplus models' tried and tested ergonomics, features and functionalities.

If you decide to buy one, I wish you very good luck with it.

Having had the older 2 in 1 model, I wouldn't have it if was free, I've never been able to get anything out of it except grief and a few months ago I had an episode with it that became it's demise, the ergonomic shape you mention helped a lot to get it fly gracefully and effortlessly into the pedal bin, didn't even touch the sides and and there was no damage or scraping to the bin, thanks to this episode I haven't lifted an airbrush since.

Some said it was probably my compressor causing the problem, but that worked fine with my Neo and another 4 cheap airbrushes so I can't see how that would be the problem, a friend of mine who is also a member here has had the same problems with 2 of them and has sworn (as I have) never to buy another H&S.

I will never again buy online, I will buy only from a shop and only if they show me it working, no demo, no money, it's that simple, and I don't mean the in-shop demo-model either.

what were your issues with it

From the very first use, it spurted constantly, before I used for the first time I stripped it and did all the usual pre-use checks and adjustments, each time I used it after that I could get super fine lines for the first 2 minutes or so and then it would just continuously spurt, it was also constantly clogging.

Aside from this annoying hindrance, the finish on the body of the brush tarnished and couldn't be cleaned, air valve constantly sticking and the inside of both cups were badly polished so that they both had a tide mark from the first use which again was impossible to clean.

I think the problem was caused by the shape of the needle and it wasn't seating properly, if you compare an H&S needle to an Iwata you can see a distinct difference in the shape, the H&S seems to be fatter at the tip.

I've had contact with a couple of pro's who have had similar problems with the Infinaty, but since a lot of people swear by both models, I can put it down to "Luck of the draw", however when you consider the price of it, no one should have to rely on luck to determine weather something works or not.

I am fortunately only an hour away from "Airbrush Services Almera" here in Holland, next year I intend to buy an Iwata and I know if I go personally to the shop, he will take it out of the box and show me it working, even let me try it myself, I have so little trust now that I couldn't do it any other way.

Back