New H&S Evolution AL

I can agree with you . I boought two badgers from a local art dealer and the 150 was pulsing from day 1 probably a bad or loose needle bearing . My fault was instead of just sending it into badger which would have taken a week and half tops. I decided i new all there was to know abut air brushes and tried to get it to work . i dont know if the airbrush companies do it but they should offer airbrushes that were tested before shipping even if it cost an extra ten dollars I would pay it just for my own peace of mind.
I do have to say one thing when i was using wicked and createx I was constantly taking themm down to clean out clogs and when you dont know all the little tricks like the wee bit of cotton on the tip of an old scuffed needle to clean the inside of the nozzle constantly cleaning airbrushes can cause damage and wear. also some of those clogs were pretty brutal, chunks of dried up paint that had to be care fully worked out of the nozzle. Since switching to com art and etac efx those issues have disappeared completely infact other thain a wee tiny clog that just working the needle in and out bu loosening the chuck my micron has never been clogged yet or the krome lol I also use spectra tex .

I ordered my ALplus Solo tonight. Chicago Airbrush Supply has them on their site, but current shipping says 1-2 weeks.
I'll post a quick review of it once I get some time behind it.

My AL Plus just shipped from CAS today, I should have it by this weekend. Can't wait to try it out. :)

i hop it works well for you . right now h and s is the last thing i want but i cant rule oot getting another .15 cr plius in the future to get a brand new one and givve it a go with com art and efx but i would rather have a much cheaper 100 side feed and sotar head. or an iwatwa hp side feed that already comes with a .2

i hop it works well for you . right now h and s is the last thing i want but i cant rule oot getting another .15 cr plius in the future to get a brand new one and givve it a go with com art and efx but i would rather have a much cheaper 100 side feed and sotar head. or an iwatwa hp side feed that already comes with a .2

No need to buy a new one, your Infinity either needs a new Nozzle, Nozzle Seal, or Cap Gasket. All of which can be bought for around $30 or so.
Unless you damaged the body of the airbrush, anything else is just parts.

Last edited:
OK, I got my Evolution AL today.

Here are a few pictures.

Evolution AL IMG_3343.jpg
They gave me a Two in One box, Mine is a Solo
Evolution AL IMG_3357.jpg
What's in the box, just the airbrush. Thought it was strange it didn't come with a cap for the paint cup, not that I really care, because I rarely use them. The two in one does come with both paint cups and caps.
Evolution AL IMG_3352.jpg

The trigger pressure(for air) was way too tight out of the box. I took the QD off and loosened it.
I put some needle juice on the shaft and the edges of the rocker arm on both side.
Evolution AL IMG_3354.jpgEvolution AL IMG_3355.jpgEvolution AL IMG_3356.jpg

A picture of the brush in hand and some practice lines in the background.
Evolution AL IMG_3345.jpg

Createx Illustration Black reduced about 20 to 1 with W500 Reducer. Sprayed at about 10psi
Evolution AL IMG_3351.jpg

The Aluminum does make this thing light, it is very comfortable and almost like you are holding nothing.
The trigger spring has no adjustment on it, one of the main reasons I never bought an Evolution, but it is an acceptable trigger tension. I will likely trim my spring a bit, as I like a light trigger.
My trigger was grabbing a bit for the first 15 minutes or so I was using it, there may have been a bur or something on the edge of the trigger shaft or the hole it goes through. It did smooth out after some use.

It sprays pretty much the same as the Infinity, the .2mm nozzle seems a little more forgiving than the .15mm and is still very capable detail wise.
If you saw in one of the other threads, I had problems with my Infinity using a .2mm nozzle, the problem ended up being a bad nozzle. I put the Evolution Nozzle and Air Cap in the Infinity, and it sprayed perfect. Harder and Steenbeck is sending me a new nozzle.

Conclusion:
All being said, the AL Plus has all the same spray characteristics of the Infinity. As it should since they share the same guts.
It is lightweight and performs well, it is a great brush. Because it has no adjustment on trigger tension, that takes some points off for me, but It will be better once I get my spring trimmed to my liking.

Back