New H&S Infinity CR Plus 2 in 1 arrived!

What sort of paint are you running thru it? I know from experience (my paint table will always have a red tint to it... ;) ) that the .15 is pretty picky about your reduction expertise. I've never had any issues with either of mine not sealing.
I'm glad you had a similar first experience to mine. I swear my first time with my Infinity made me a better airbrusher lol.
@Jurien72, I was running Createx Illustrator Black through it with 4012 reducer. I think it was a 1:4 ratio (paint:reducer), but it may have been more reducer. A bit thinner than 2% milk. When the mix started dripping from the threads of the air cap I assumed was tightened sufficiently, based on my Badgers, I had unclean :evil: thoughts :eek::eek:ops::eek:, as in I am so totally "fine".:mad: then 10 slow steady breaths and it was time to move on. I work hard for my money and since I pay for what I buy, I don't throw things around in a rage.
Well, since I DID take the brush apart to see how things went together, it was totally my fault and I went from there. While the Infinity appears more complex than my Patriot and has more parts, seals, and what not, it is pretty straightforward to clean. (Thank Goodness)
Going to be using a good deal more paint today after I get back from Michael's. The grandkids poached all the large drawing pads I had at the house, so I have to restock. The letter sized practice pages I've printed are all well and good, but that .15 takes forever to empty out even the small cup. lol

Yes, Some bees wax or chap stick on the threads makes it seal better, But it likes to be tight.
Which head are you using on it the .15 or the .4?
I’ve found the H&S brushes don’t need bees wax. As long as the air cap is tight enough it will seal. The tightness of the cap presses the PTFE seal against the body with no leaks.

Yeah that does sound kind of strange to have a brand new H&S with a leak. One thing you might want to double check is the nozzle seal and the mating surface in the body- make sure everything is nice and clean. I think there might be an o-ring on the aircap. Try putting your .4 setup in and see if you get the same problem?

Yeah that does sound kind of strange to have a brand new H&S with a leak. One thing you might want to double check is the nozzle seal and the mating surface in the body- make sure everything is nice and clean. I think there might be an o-ring on the aircap. Try putting your .4 setup in and see if you get the same problem?
@Jurien72, I tried the 0.4 set and it worked just fine. Ran out a small cup of Createx Illustrator mixed 1:3 with 4012 reducer @ 15 psi doing just free hand lines, dots, lame attempts at lettering and dagger strokes. No leaks, some tip dry that was cleared by popping the trigger back over the waste bin to clear the nozzle. Clean up was a snap. Then for "laughs" I swapped back to the 0.15 again. Tested with water first and got no leaks or bubbles. So, I cleared the water and put in another cup of CI/4012 again at 1:3 and running 15 psi. Pretty much the same results. No issues again with cleaning.
WTF! (Well that's fine):rolleyes: Guess I was just being too nice yesterday and the Infinity really does need to have the parts really tightened down.

There is an o-ring on the outside of the aircap on these. There could have been a bit of debris or some weird thing like that. I'm glad you got it working correctly.

Main thing I notice on the H&S is do not over tighten the aircap. It will crush the PFTE ring on the nozzle which is where you air leaks will come from.

Well... is it worth ever penny??
The H&S works wonderfully well when I've been able to use it. Not doing much spraying right now as my left shoulder's a mess. Not supposed to do much lifting and moving around with the arm for the next couple of weeks. Then there's physical therapy, but I digress.
The Infinity has a different feel to it than the Badgers I have. Purchased partly to see how another brand functioned compared to the Badgers. Worth every penny? Not sure yet, but what I have been able to do with it I like. It's more meant for smaller finer details. I plan on doing some artwork decides plastic models. Large area painting, like R/C models would be a bad fit for the H&S, I think. That's what the Anthem siphon with a medium tip and bottle are for! Or an Iwata Eclipse BCS, but I don't have one of those.

The H&S works wonderfully well when I've been able to use it. Not doing much spraying right now as my left shoulder's a mess. Not supposed to do much lifting and moving around with the arm for the next couple of weeks. Then there's physical therapy, but I digress.
The Infinity has a different feel to it than the Badgers I have. Purchased partly to see how another brand functioned compared to the Badgers. Worth every penny? Not sure yet, but what I have been able to do with it I like. It's more meant for smaller finer details. I plan on doing some artwork decides plastic models. Large area painting, like R/C models would be a bad fit for the H&S, I think. That's what the Anthem siphon with a medium tip and bottle are for! Or an Iwata Eclipse BCS, but I don't have one of those.

Should work great for large areas with the .4mm. It can lay down some paint in a hurry.

Back