New here again

Nokie

Gravity Guru
hello all.
Just joined the site again (can’t remember what my old account was or if it would even still be on here)after about a 6 year hiatus. I used to love to just sit for hours and airbrush. Then life happens.
But now we’re finally settled in South Carolina and while going through the garage found all my stuff that was packed away and realized how much I missed it.
This was the first place I came and have spent the last week or so just reading posts.
After practicing a few hours it’s been so long it’s like starting all over.
I used to just play around and paint a little of everything,but now I’m feeling really drawn to photos and portraits.
( after finding Fred’s YouTube videos... AMAZING!!!)
Thanks out to Mitch for this site and all he’s done for airbrushing.
And thanks for having me again.
My Equipment so far...
California air tools ultra quiet 5 gallon comp.
Paasche VL and a Paasche talon.
I’ve had pretty good luck with the talon( I must of got one of the few good ones) and use the VL to spray on backgrounds)
I’ve got a big box of colors including.... wicked,Createx, Golden carbon black and Createx Illustration.
Once I get some more practice I’ll be looking into an Iwata.

Last edited:
Welcome back from Australia Nokie
If your paints have been sitting for 6 years find a bamboo skewer or similar and give them a really really good stir up, shaking won’t be enough. Once you start to relax then the cramps will disappear :)

Glad you’ve found time to get back to it

Welcome back Nokie. Looking forward to seeing you brush knock the rust of the skills. I’m sure they’re still there somewhere mate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for all the greetings fellas.
I don’t plan on using my paints much besides lots more practicing. Then I’ll order up some fresh stuff. As of now I’m just spraying paper and trying different techniques on some unfinished stuff I had packed away.
Worked on the leopard some. Played around scratching the eyes and using wire for some fur.
I probably should mention this is only the size of the stencil I printed from the site. It’s 6x8 inches

Attachments

• 348902A4-32F0-4CED-BD5C-FF405EC18BC5.jpeg
    348902A4-32F0-4CED-BD5C-FF405EC18BC5.jpeg
    373.6 KB · Views: 11
Welcome back to the forum, lots of folks have come and gone but there are a few of us who are here to stay.. You will soon get back into it, its like riding a bike. Rusty at first but you find your control again. Just takes a while.

Lee

Back