New Krome is HERE!!!!

F

foreveryoung001

Of course, as soon as I get home from work, my wife hands me a "honey do" list that is about 4 pages long... lol. But the list is complete, the kids are in bed, and I'm going to play with my new airbrush!!!!

I think I'm in love!!!! Going from my Paasche VL to the Badger Krome is like going from one of the those super fat giant crayons you use in kindergarten to and extremely fine artist's pencil. I can't believe how flippin' easy it is to get the super fine details now. Took a little playing around with the paint to get it perfect. Had to thin it out a bit more than I'm used to, but once I got it dialed in, it was incredible. Came up with a new idea for the Badger Skull competition, so I'm am about to start that as my first real test of this brush, but so far, I am thrilled with this purchase. It is so smooth and responsive, compared to what I was using.... is it wrong for a 40+ year old man to say he feels "giddy"? Hell, I'm an artist now, so I can get away with it.

gongrat mate that is really good brush, i love mine

.... is it wrong for a 40+ year old man to say he feels "giddy"? Hell, I'm an artist now, so I can get away with it.

I think ive found my soul mate LOL
I thought it was in the male DNA to get excited over new 'toys' but I completely understand your feelings - no, I'm not a male and I have 10+ years on you but I'm still like a kid at Xmas in a hardware store and when I ordered my iwatas they couldn't get here fast enough, I then swooned when I opened the box - all pretty and shiney and whispering to me :) I took my time and stripped them lovingly down and lubed them all up.
So I personally don't think you're weird at all :)

I have been wanting to get my hands on the krome almost ordered one the other day but instead ordered an iwata hp-b+ I am glad to hear you love the new brush I remember that feeling when I had my first AB a badger 155 then got my eclipse c then steped into the the hp-c hiline and had had little hearts in my eyes when I looked at it. LOL I know my renegade pulls some nice fine detail was impressed with it especially for a $100us brush. I can't wait to see what projects you do with it!!!

im seriously thinking about ordering one im not having as much success as i thought i would with the paasche vl airbrush i recently ordered... its to the point i do better work with a freaking harbor freight airbrush...considering i spent 120 for the vl and 18 for the harbor freight i feel like i seriously got ripped off alll i want is a quality airbrush that is going to do the fine detail work that i need make lines thin like im doing lightning thats all i need without spending 160+ for a freakin airbrush

im seriously thinking about ordering one im not having as much success as i thought i would with the paasche vl airbrush i recently ordered... its to the point i do better work with a freaking harbor freight airbrush...considering i spent 120 for the vl and 18 for the harbor freight i feel like i seriously got ripped off alll i want is a quality airbrush that is going to do the fine detail work that i need make lines thin like im doing lightning thats all i need without spending 160+ for a freakin airbrush

Tell ya what Bugsy, I haven't touched my VL since this came in. I can't say enough how different it is to paint with this than the VL. Its taken some getting used to, but I'm already painting leaps better than anything I've done yet.

I ordered mine from Chicago Airbrush. Free shipping and a 10% off code (I think it was 10-100), and total cost was somewhere around $112. I consider that a steal for this airbrush. someday down the road I'm sure I'll try the Iwata's and others, but for now, I'm a Krome guy!

I've been putting a little time in each night on this piece since I got the Krome of Tuesday. I'm really happy with the way this is turning out, and working those details is like butter with this airbrush. Break down and get one!!
rushmore4.jpg

Yeah, the Krome rocks! I also have a Sotar 2020 for really fine detail, but I go to the Krome most of the time. Versitile, rugged, easy to clean. I do hope Badger gets some control over that aircap threadding problem, though!

Back