New Krome issues

P

Pingi

Hi all.

Today I've received my new Badger Krome airbrush. I like how it sprays, but when it comes to cleaning it get's difficult.
I'd like to know from Krome users how do you clean airbrush between color change and then after use.
When I first saw those threads in the cup I was very surprised, couse I immediately know those would be hard to clean.
As you can see on next photo, my cup is not pollished very well. Is this common thing or just in my case ?

Thank's for your answer,
Domen

Attachments

• krome_cup.jpg
    krome_cup.jpg
    337 KB · Views: 42
hey bud, i dont have a khrome but im oretty sure that isnt supposed to be like that. i would contact badger asap and tell them about it and or send them a pic. they will get you straightened out. it had to have been a mess up somewhere because i wouldnt own that. i hope it all works out!!

Hi all.

Today I've received my new Badger Krome airbrush. I like how it sprays, but when it comes to cleaning it get's difficult.
I'd like to know from Krome users how do you clean airbrush between color change and then after use.
When I first saw those threads in the cup I was very surprised, couse I immediately know those would be hard to clean.
As you can see on next photo, my cup is not pollished very well. Is this common thing or just in my case ?

Thank's for your answer,
Domen

I don't own a krome, I would invest in some cleaning brushes for about a few pounds. That isn't very good I didn't realise it was manufactured like that inside. I also use glass cleaner (Imonia free) which cleans it well and then run brush cleaner after.

hey bud, i dont have a khrome but im oretty sure that isnt supposed to be like that. i would contact badger asap and tell them about it and or send them a pic. they will get you straightened out. it had to have been a mess up somewhere because i wouldnt own that. i hope it all works out!!
I thought the same thing seamonkey, pingi I know dobbins owns one may be message him?

I have a Krome, but I don't recall ever seeing threads like that in th bottom of the cup.... I will check mine when I get home this evening if nobody else has. Sounds like you might have gotten a bad one out of the bunch though. Send Ken an email too. He might answer you right away before I even have time to check.

I'll check mine out and have a look - can't respond for another day or so though:( i don't think mine has those threads either.. would be hard to clean.. will let you know.

Just checked mine Krome. No threads in the bottom of the color cup. Nice and smooth and easy to clean. Drop Ken or Badger Customer Service a line. They will take care of you.

Check out this vid, particularly at 10:02. The inside of the cup seems to be a lot smoother that I saw in your photo. The thread toward the front / bottom of the cup is also visible. Not sure if the abrasions on the inside paint cup wall are a production flaw that is an issue for Badger to fix, but for the time being clean it with shaving foam (from an aerosol can) in between paint refills - just spray it through the gun. It is certain to remove more paint residue than most other solutions and it's cheap.

yeah, thats definitely not wright, that would inhibit paint flow and cause massive, paint build up,, definitely a manufacturer prob.

I just got mine monday and it looks the same way... thought the threads looked strange. Sprays like a dream but i only have about 20 minutes on it so far. I guess ill be shooting ken an email too.

Last edited:
I did send Ken an e-mail and got immediate reply that this is production flaw and he will send me a new body for Krome. So chivo send Ken a message and he'll take care of you.
At this point I must say that it's all Badger from now on for me, cause one just can't beat Ken's/Badger's customer care and support.

Thank's everybody for your help.

I PMed him on another forum.. wasnt sure about his e-mail address. Honestly everything that i had heard about his customer service was the main reason i decided to go with a badger product (plus id heard so many good things about their products... the krome in particular) . I really didnt expect to need it but now am very glad that its there.

This case isn't the first time I saw Badger take good care of the customers. The way this company handles such matter is very commendable. Quite unique in these days.

I think I might sell my evolution to some I really don't like and go buy myself a Badger.

I'm totally pleased for you guys, and it's a damn good good example of customer care, top job Badger:encouragement:

Back