New krome

B

Biker24

I have just got my new badger krome in the post from amazon, first impressions are that it looks great, there are a few small marks on the shell but I suppose I can put up with those, no indicator mark on the handle for the rear adjuster, anyway got a question I have changed the needle and tip over to the fine instead of the ultra fine, because I am using acrylics, am I right in thinking that the two spray regulators provided will fit both the fine and ultra fine tips, thanks in advance.

The regulators are different! When I first received my Krome, I received the same regulators (was a packaging issue they had on a few runs of the Krome), once I applied the regulator on the fine tip, there was little to no airflow. I got in touch with Ken at Badger and he sent me the correct regulator for the fine setup. Hope this answers your question. Enjoy the Krome, its a very well balanced and fine brush!!

The regulators that were supplied are one with lugs and one without, at the moment I'm using the one with, how do you tell the difference in the size, I haven't had a chance to try it with my compressor yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
The regulators that were supplied are one with lugs and one without, at the moment I'm using the one with, how do you tell the difference in the size, I haven't had a chance to try it with my compressor yet.

The hole of the Ultra-Fine will be smaller than the fine. If you have vision similar to mine you wamy wish to look under a magnification lens. Let me know if you need any help. You can always email me direct to kenbadger@aol.com if I'm gone from here for any length of time.

Krome

Thanks for that ken, hope I haven't done any damage but it looks like i had the ultra fine regulator fitted to the fine spray nozzle, I thought they were universal for some reason, looks like I will have to order a fine regulator with the lugs as I'm not to sure about using it without, many thanks again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for that ken, hope I haven't done any damage but it looks like i had the ultra fine regulator fitted to the fine spray nozzle, I thought they were universal for some reason, looks like I will have to order a fine regulator with the lugs as I'm not to sure about using it without, many thanks again.

no worries damage-wise on using UF parts with F parts - just won't get much in the way of performance. Shoot me an email at kenbadger@aol.com to address any concerns or ask any questions you may have as you get going with the new airbrush.

google magnifying loop .my other hobby is astronomy so i just use a cheap 2 inch low power eyepiece without the barrel it works great you should be able to see the difference at medium power i can see the tool marks inside the fine nozzle of my badger fine nozzle

Back