For Every Airbrush Artist!

Ready to get involved? Register for free and you won't see any google advertising!

Register

New member from England

Discussion in 'Step by Step' started by Nikki.b, Dec 7, 2015.

1. Nikki.b

Nikki.b Young Tutorling

Hi to all I am very new to airbrushing can't wait to get into this ,just want to know what paint to go with wicked or createx
  2. The dude

The dude Detail Decepticon!

Hi and Welcome from Devon U.K.,what is it you want to paint on as wicked will do just about every surface and createx is mainly for textiles.
  3. Nikki.b

Nikki.b Young Tutorling

at the moment just paper as I literally just got my airbrush yesterday. I have some paint that came with it as I bought a second hand compressor it came with two brushes but they don't seem to clever,so have two new ones coming tomorrow. The paint I have is com art which I am having ago with. I think it will be mainly wood not really sure which way to go yet , have thought about t-shirts also
  4. The dude

Ok now were getting somewhere,com-art is a good illustration paint,but like i say Wicked is a great all round paint.What brushes have you got coming?
  5. Nikki.b

Nikki.b Young Tutorling

I have a similar sp35 multipurpose double action and a new professional suction gravity feed double action. I have just had another go with one of the brushes after giving it a clean at practicing dots and decided to have a go at an eye and must say I am rather pleased with my effort haha
  6. ad fez

ad fez kind of a big deal = Admington

yup com art is great paint but not as suited for harder surfaces. wicked in my opinion is no good at all for illustration /fine art but just my opinion, there are better around for that purpose but for all round wicked will serve you well once you get used to the reduction necessary and the dreaded never ending tip dry.
    etac private stock is great for hard surfaces , and etac efx is (again in my opinion) one of the best for fine art
  7. Madbrush

Madbrush Guest

Post up your efforts, we'll give guidance if you need it and don't be afraid to get your questions coming, no point in joining the best forum in the world and not making use of it, if your not satisfied we'll give you your money back;)
  8. Nikki.b

Nikki.b Young Tutorling

[​IMG]I'm not sure how to put a photo from my tablet on here otherwise I would put my effort on here lol
  9. Madbrush

Madbrush Guest

If you use the web version of this forum, under the the message box where you write your posts you see three buttons, the middle one says "upload a file" simply click that and you'll the choices you have on your tablet, select the appropriate one such as your gallery where your pictures are stored then select the image you want to upload and the rest should be clear.
  10. Nikki.b

Nikki.b Young Tutorling

thanks I will give it ago
  11. Nikki.b

Nikki.b Young Tutorling

1449498981747-420038932.jpg 1449498981747-420038932.jpg the right one was first attempt obviously the left the second but not to bad for a complete novice , I think lol
    wolfbane likes this.
  12. wolfbane

wolfbane Gravity Guru

welcome nikki a lot of really kind and helpful folks in here not to mention all the information as well as just teasing in general :)
  13. Nikki.b

Nikki.b Young Tutorling

Thank you , I thought this would be a good place for advice etc . I have been watching u tube videos in my anticipation on waiting to pick up my compressor they are very good
  14. wolfbane

wolfbane Gravity Guru

your welcome nikki:)
    I as well am new here and waiting on gear , cpl brushs , compressor , paints etc etc
    It all takes time :)
    lol I cannot even draw a stick person so this should be some fun learning for myself and btw great on the eyes already I think you are a natural
  15. Nikki.b

Nikki.b Young Tutorling

The pic I put up the eyes aren't a pair lol as waiting for someone to say they don't match etc just two random eyes , got to start somewhere. Although I know I have to practice the dagger blending etc
  16. Nikki.b

Nikki.b Young Tutorling

Why thank you very much ,although I wouldn't go that far lol . Yes I can't wait for my new brushes to come tomorrow, although the ones I have seem to be okay think you just have to get used to them and how much paint etc
  17. The dude

Ok I'll do it,the eyes don't match lollol,have fun with your new brushes and do lots of dots and daggers and any questions just ask :thumbsup:
    wolfbane likes this.
  18. wolfbane

wolfbane Gravity Guru

hahahahahah brave person you are :)
    I was gonna do it but didn't want to offend anyone :)
  19. basepaint

basepaint Air-Valve Autobot! Very Likeable!

Welcome to the forum,as you can see we are all here to help,and from what I have seen above your well on the way to becoming an airbrush artist,Great first start on the dots and eyes
    wolfbane likes this.
  20. Greg Geilman

Greg Geilman Detail Decepticon!