Right thats it im painting my self a tshirt with a killer kola on it see how you punks like that

Yeah your acting all big and hard now but just you wait till my finger heals up and I'm able again to scratch your eyes out:)

A huge welcome to the forum Mrs Matty's mum, I hope you will stick around and stay active on our forum, since you do have a degree in fine art I feel you will have a lot more to offer us than you may think, even with airbrushing all art based knowledge is relevant.

I doubt very much you are actually out of your depth with airbrushing, you have chosen a different means of application but it's the same basic rules;)

I have done graphite drawings since I was a child and became very good with it, no degree or certificate or such, I just enjoyed it and kept at it, when I started airbrushing about 4 years ago the first thing I noticed was the absence of feeling since I relied on the feeling of pressure on my pencils to achieve tonal values, I think in your case this will be your only hurdle too, but I'm 99.9% sure you will quickly overcome this:thumbsup:

May I ask what airbrush you were gifted?

@matty171 has come a very long way in just over a year and I can tell you I'm very proud of his success as well as the possibility that I may have had a little part in it, so I have every confidence he will will be a great help with the little things you are not yet sure of, plenty of practice will take care of the rest and once you get your head around the airbrush you'll wonder why you never did it earlier.
Thanks Madbrush and yes your right it feels so different to holding a 'hairy brush' I'm doing a lot of exercises at the moment to try to get use to the feeling. My brush isn't the best one, I been informed and to be honest not sure , I got a fox hunter piston type compressor and it had two airbrushes with it. ☺️
I came into art very late in life I was self taught, for awhile. I wanted to learn more about technique so decided to give up my job and took an adult art class, for two years. I then was encouraged to do a degree, and as a fifty+ student found it very hard but also very rewarding. One thing I loved was learning new things everyday and a lot of self discovery
I am excited about my new venture.
Yes Matty has come a long way and I know he has had a lot of help and support from yourself and others on this forum. I am very proud of him

Thanks Madbrush and yes your right it feels so different to holding a 'hairy brush' I'm doing a lot of exercises at the moment to try to get use to the feeling. My brush isn't the best one, I been informed and to be honest not sure , I got a fox hunter piston type compressor and it had two airbrushes with it. ☺️
I came into art very late in life I was self taught, for awhile. I wanted to learn more about technique so decided to give up my job and took an adult art class, for two years. I then was encouraged to do a degree, and as a fifty+ student found it very hard but also very rewarding. One thing I loved was learning new things everyday and a lot of self discovery
I am excited about my new venture.
Yes Matty has come a long way and I know he has had a lot of help and support from yourself and others on this forum. I am very proud of him

Well if the brushes came as part of a kit I would assume they are what we refer to as "knock offs" but they will at least get you started, if you decide you like it I'm pretty sure a good brand name brush will come your way.

Even after four years I still struggle to do everything with the airbrush so I have decided to try to combine airbrushing with my drawing skills, I'm working on a painting which I hope to post up by the weekend, I'm working with carbon black paint which seems to mimic graphite in colour and appearance, when I do post it it up, I will be explaining the process I used and why so I'll tag you since I think the same or at least a similar process would suit your background, I've had a little practice run and so far I'm happy, the results I'm getting are far less frustrating than what I've been having before.

Well if the brushes came as part of a kit I would assume they are what we refer to as "knock offs" but they will at least get you started, if you decide you like it I'm pretty sure a good brand name brush will come your way.

Even after four years I still struggle to do everything with the airbrush so I have decided to try to combine airbrushing with my drawing skills, I'm working on a painting which I hope to post up by the weekend, I'm working with carbon black paint which seems to mimic graphite in colour and appearance, when I do post it it up, I will be explaining the process I used and why so I'll tag you since I think the same or at least a similar process would suit your background, I've had a little practice run and so far I'm happy, the results I'm getting are far less frustrating than what I've been having before.
I'm an abstract artist and am very tempted to go forgot big style on my walls I have a big wall in my dining room and keep looking at it wondering what I could do with it. could do a lot of practice work on it

Hi there Chrissy, welcome from a fellow Brit down on the south coast! Our Matty will have you up and running in no time :D He's a good egg, plus he's very kind and generous when it comes to gummie bears, so thankyou for dragging him up proper like :laugh:
Thank you he has been really helpful up to now, looking forward to learning more

Welcome aboard Mum!!! Your son is an amazing artist!! Hes come a long way, so your in good hands!! BUT....gotta warn ya, Im part of the black sheep clan, so I apologize now, for all the gutter mind, and potty mouth of mine lolol.

Back