D

David Ovenden

Just signed up to the forum. I am a Brit who lives most of the time in France. English is my preferred language though I do moderately well with French. I have been an avid R/C aircraft modeller for years, mostly building scale models up to 1/4 scale. Up until now I've been using a garage-size compressor to power my spray gun (car touch-up size) for painting large models .
I'm now dabbling with model railways and need an airbrush to weather and add detail to OO gauge (think HO if you are in the USA) models and scenery. As a result I have purchased a pre-owned Sparmax TC5000 twin cylinder compressor from a former nail artist. This works perfectly. It came with some used equipment; a generic Chinese-copy airbrush which does work and 2 incomplete units (a Badger 100-32 and an H&S Focus). Unfortunately the 2 better-make airbrushes are wrecked and would cost too much to put back in order. The Focus has only the bare body with no other parts whatever. The Badger is blocked solid with a faulty air valve, broken trigger and badly bent needle and no nozzle/tip.
So I've ordered a new Iwata Eclipse CS airgun which I believe will be great for the sort of work I want to do.

Welcome home and the Eclipse is a real work horse of an airbrush mine is over 10 years old and still sprays like the day I got it.
Post up some of those rc planes and models

Welcome David, glad to have you aboard. You’ve chosen a great brush to invest in. The Eclipse will be a great choice for what you want to do and will be a great took for years to come.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back