New Micron. Maybe have a problem

P

PrimeColours

Ok so early last week started organising new CM-C+. Paid for order late in week. Recieved a phone call this monday and was told there were no + in stock and wouldnt be for approx a month.
As a month is a long time I settled for a CM-C as I can live without the mac valve. As order was paid I was offered credit so settled to add some illustration colours to order as i needed them anyway. And recieved package approx an hour ago.

Now I started unpacking everything. Had a bit of stuff to go through ( Airbrush cleaning station, hose etc etc ) and saved the best for last.

First thoughts when I removed case from box was WOW! Its just a case but damn zit was pretty. Opened case went through documentation ( Although I thought all microns were tested at factory by tech before despatch and they enclosed test paint sheet??? Unless thats only the plus line. )
The carefully....reverently....oh truthfully I was in a state of almost worship at this point I removed the brush. It looked fantastic...until I noticed the paint cup lid was crooked. Upon closer inspection on removal I couldnt believe it. The paint cup lip has a approx 2mm of a sharp edged badly machined area. And under the assumption all external components are triple chromed the actual cap itself has to copper coloured patches.

Now Im not one to complained and would like to think im easygoing. But with the premium I paid for this brush I dont know what to do.
Should I send it back for replacement of same brush? Send it back and wait for original plus to be stocked? Or just grin and bear it as im sure it wont affect spray quality?

Any thoughts appreciated.

send it back.. Period. If there is no test sheet you got a return or something else not good. There should be a little dried black paint left over from the test.Its com art so it comes out easily I would personally get the +.If you are in the states get your money back and order from coast they will match the price and they will keep it tuned for life good luck.
Regards Kurt PS by the sound of the condition of the cap I would bet that it got swapped out

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah just contacted supplier. Should hopefully be organised in couple of days. Just smarts having a brand new micron in my cupboard I cant use :sulkiness:

Not all Micron come with a sheet. Next who did you order it from?
I think yours is the first Micron that I have heard of that has not been machined correctly.

Yeah I'd return it too. Micron are not cheap. $425.00 is a lot of money to pay for imperfections. Test sheets come with all high performance airbrushes and above. When you pay this kinda money, you have the right to be picky. Plus you had to settle for a different airbrush and wait a month. I would suggest going though a different supplier next time. If you can. Or let them know your not pleased with their services. With the amount of money you spent. They may try to make things right to keep you as a future customer.

Even my Eclipse came with a test sheet and the lid is perfect. So the quality control on your 4x more expensive brush should have been better.

Not all microns come with the test sheet as Mr. Micron stated mine didn't have one either. If the cup lid is the problem take a picture of it send it to the distributor or iwata tell them your concerns. Maybe they will replace the lid and you don't have to wait for a new AB. I know it sucks spending that kind of money and getting a defect in your package especially after the backorder ordeal.

None of my airbrush came with a test sheet, CS, CM-C+, Krome... But when I got my CM-C+ I did call Iwata and ask them about the test sheet that is when I learned not all will have a test sheet, Being they randomly pick from a line and test them.
But I feel good being I only paid 325.00 For my CM-C+ cause Iwata had a special sale going on ..Still not cheap ,
But I really want to know whom you bought it from.

Send it back.... Period!! No matter what you should be a happy customer an I'm sure they want to know about bad craftsmanship.

Josh
"Sometimes you have to let one slip......just to remind people your $#!+ really does stink ;)

pleasedont say chicogo i didnt get a test sheet with mine either but there seems to be no problem with it except i didnot order it from coast lol im dealing with coast from now on

The best range of Iwata with machining/milling problems and has passed through quality control.. It's weird.. It's the first time I hear about it. Unlucky for sure, the same airbrush wasn't properly inspected neither tested.. Curious about where you bought it..

Ok quick update.

Once I decided to send it back ( Tues ) I spoke to where I ordered it from ( for all wondering it was airbrushmegastore ) spoke to Steve and he went above and beyond imo. He contacted Iwata area manager rep ( Anthony James ) that evening, then the next morning recieved a call from Anthony. Steve even called for a follow up and to make sure Anthony contacted me.
Explained the situation to Anthony, he advised sending it to Sydney office. So I posted yesterday. Sydney Iwata recieved it around lunch time and my new micron will be sent out this afternoon.
Im hoping it arrives tomorrow, but honestly considering what happened im still more than happy with both Steve and Anthonys customer service.
Im just waiting to hear back from Iwata on the tracking number and also what their thoughts are on the defect. But thats just my own curiosity on that one.

Good to hear your got sorted. But I still can't believe it would take a month to have gotten the +. Our orders here on the tip of darkest Africa takes 2 weeks.

From my understanding Steve orders from Australian Iwata dealer and its them who are out of stock. And if they have to order in from Parent company it would obviously take a while to get to them, then from them to Steve. Either way im sure I can live without the mac valve. If needs be I can easily get an inline valve. But while learning I dont see a need for it as of yet.

From my understanding Steve orders from Australian Iwata dealer and its them who are out of stock. And if they have to order in from Parent company it would obviously take a while to get to them, then from them to Steve. Either way im sure I can live without the mac valve. If needs be I can easily get an inline valve. But while learning I dont see a need for it as of yet.

I thought the same thing on the mac valve , But after getting the CM-C+ and finally using the thing I love it. That was also when I felt I was still learning.
Glad you go it sorted out.

Ungh...the nightmare continues. So Sydney Iwata sent the airbrush yesterday afternoon via Toll overnight express. The tracking states it arrived at brisbane airport depot at 1 40am and didnt change at all. So about 1pm I called Tol for an update and they sent a message to Brisbane depot and said theyd call me back. They call me about 30min ago and then tell me "we cant find the package" WTF????

I was advised they would send another message through to Brisbane Airport depot and should call me back in an hour but the consultant was "unsure" what to do...yeah great customer service there Toll.

So I just emailed Anthony advising of Tolls crap and asked him to contact the Sydney office and maybe get them to contact Toll as the paying customer and try and push them to explain.

Like seriously is me having a Micron like some unwritten curse or something. :dejection:

Ungh...the nightmare continues. So Sydney Iwata sent the airbrush yesterday afternoon via Toll overnight express. The tracking states it arrived at brisbane airport depot at 1 40am and didnt change at all. So about 1pm I called Tol for an update and they sent a message to Brisbane depot and said theyd call me back. They call me about 30min ago and then tell me "we cant find the package" WTF????

I was advised they would send another message through to Brisbane Airport depot and should call me back in an hour but the consultant was "unsure" what to do...yeah great customer service there Toll.

So I just emailed Anthony advising of Tolls crap and asked him to contact the Sydney office and maybe get them to contact Toll as the paying customer and try and push them to explain.

Like seriously is me having a Micron like some unwritten curse or something. :dejection:

Dang , That sucks !! but it is the same in the states. Mine got hung up in some small town outside Chicago and took 4 days to get past it..I think some of these places still live back in the 50's

Update.

It arrived yesterday!!! Now that ive actually used it to throw some paint all I can say is WOW!
The atomisation and the fine lines...im in love.
So honestly the hiccups i had were worth it. Im so happy atm.

On a side note is it wrong that i take it into my room with me at night? Lol

Update.

It arrived yesterday!!! Now that ive actually used it to throw some paint all I can say is WOW!
The atomisation and the fine lines...im in love.
So honestly the hiccups i had were worth it. Im so happy atm.

On a side note is it wrong that i take it into my room with me at night? Lol

Glad to hear you got it and it is working.
No it is not odd you take it to you room at night got to keep it safe right:D

Back