New Schmincke Total Cover

AndreZA

Air-Valve Autobot!
I'm a fan of Schmincke Aero color and it will be my brand of choice if E'tac ever goes out of business. Here are some new additions to their line-up.

Schmincke has something new for you! Aero color ® professional totally cover covers even on black!

For Airbrusher and friends of the painting with liquid acrylics are now on the aero color ® professional totally cover - the high covered complement to the aero color ® professional
• 12 additional shades, fully opaque on dark surfaces, of which 11 are a pigment tones
• 7 New, not included in the standard pigments
• Silk-Mat surface
• High Light-Fast (ALL 4 AND 5-Star)
• For Airbrush, liner and brush (mixing techniques)
• Can be combined with all the sounds of the aero color ® professional
• Visible on the black label
• 28 ml pipettes glass bottle
This supplement is the aero color ® Professional-range from 72 brilliant future proof shades, colorful tones: 36 + 12 Total Cover-Tones + 24 effect sounds!

13880303_758917660916998_3674287620108974018_n.jpg

13876375_758917800916984_3629016565987023205_n.jpg

Note: Info and images taken from their Facebook posting. I have not tried these myself yet.

So is that an opaque range they are offering?

Looking at the swatches in the second photo I would hardly call it opaque or "total cover" since any opaque will be close to covering after four coats, at my work I can cover a black door with two coats of the same shade red if the first coat is undercoato_O I would like to see the same test with the yellow, in fact I would like to see how long the line of swatches gets.

I also like Schminke paints but if someone says to me total cover, I would expect it to cover in one coat for it to be considered unique or innovative:)

Looking at the swatches in the second photo I would hardly call it opaque or "total cover" since any opaque will be close to covering after four coats, at my work I can cover a black door with two coats of the same shade red if the first coat is undercoato_O I would like to see the same test with the yellow, in fact I would like to see how long the line of swatches gets.

I also like Schminke paints but if someone says to me total cover, I would expect it to cover in one coat for it to be considered unique or innovative:)

Okay back on subject.

If you use paint that's the same viscosity as this paint, then you have amazing paint at your work. You don't always want to sun over something 4 times to make it cover. If you need to go over a dark background to put in a stray hair you want to do it in one go.

Okay back on subject.

If you use paint that's the same viscosity as this paint, then you have amazing paint at your work. You don't always want to sun over something 4 times to make it cover. If you need to go over a dark background to put in a stray hair you want to do it in one go.

When I do stray hairs I don't have the steadiness of hand to be able to paint them, depending on hair colour I'll either pencil it in or scratch it in and mist over with a reduced colour if needed.

I saw this first on my tablet and thought that those swatches were the same paint showing the results after one to four coats, I couldn't read the text and didn't realize it's actually four different paints, lol, if that last swatch is what it does then it really is cool, but again if I wanted a red hair over black background I would scratch out the hair back to white and then hit it once with the red, if I use transparent red, even if I hit the background with it a little it won't show much, if they also have a total cover white that would be really cool:) in fact that would make it the best white ever and ideal for whiskers;)

Swatch 1-3 is the standard paint in stock format, buffered with white and buffered with their opaque medium (which looks like an excellent product on its own). by scratching it out of the black you will have a hard edge. And what if you are working on black, then there is nothing to scratch.

There are many ways to do something, this is just a new product that might make your life easier. Like Auto Air with their coloured bases. It was not necessary but they did it to make to make life easier.

Swatch 1-3 is the standard paint in stock format, buffered with white and buffered with their opaque medium (which looks like an excellent product on its own). by scratching it out of the black you will have a hard edge. And what if you are working on black, then there is nothing to scratch.

There are many ways to do something, this is just a new product that might make your life easier. Like Auto Air with their coloured bases. It was not necessary but they did it to make to make life easier.

I'm not disagreeing with you, the product is definitely cool and it will make life easier for artists in a lot of situations without a doubt, as I said I thought at first that all the swatches were same paint until I saw on my computer, the text under the swatches is very blurred but on my computer screen I can now make out what it says, as soon as I realized that last one is total cover I was impressed, for the trivial stuff I do, I can't see me needing it but I can certainly see the benefits.

As I said earlier, if they also made a white covers as good, I would buy a full box of it right now, like most, I had nothing but problems with so I avoid it altogether and If I use it at all, I only use it for mixing other colours, but it would certainly be handy to have a white that could cover in one pass, I can never hit the same line twice so I have no choice but to improvise:)

I'm not disagreeing with you, the product is definitely cool and it will make life easier for artists in a lot of situations without a doubt, as I said I thought at first that all the swatches were same paint until I saw on my computer, the text under the swatches is very blurred but on my computer screen I can now make out what it says, as soon as I realized that last one is total cover I was impressed, for the trivial stuff I do, I can't see me needing it but I can certainly see the benefits.

As I said earlier, if they also made a white covers as good, I would buy a full box of it right now, like most, I had nothing but problems with so I avoid it altogether and If I use it at all, I only use it for mixing other colours, but it would certainly be handy to have a white that could cover in one pass, I can never hit the same line twice so I have no choice but to improvise:)

I stay away from white myself. I don't even like to use it to mix colours with. They already have a super white that is opaque and a transparent one.

Hmm interesting. When I paint over a dark colour on a bike for example, I always do a white underpainting first, to get the colours to look true, and to preserve any highlights. But even after a few coats, when I think it looks white, another coat will always prove me wrong, and look more white, even using an opaque. So If these really do cover, that would save a whole bunch of time.

Back