new to airbrush

K

kkndman

hello everyone!

my name is kobi , im 31 YO from israel.
i actually started with airbrush 6 years ago but stopped after a month because of frustrations, there is not much inters in airbrush here in israel , so i couldnt find nowhere to learn.

on the last 3 weeks i decided to go back to airbrush ( i had bike accident last year and i am unable to work for the last 10 months because of phybromialgy) , the main reason for that decision is to start heal my body.

i bought H&S ultra 2 in 1 , i still have the paache compressor from 6 years ago.
i paint mostly on paper , im still learning the basics and trying to push myself as much as i can. my main goal is to learn paint portraits.

today i discovered the acrylic ink after alot of problems with createx colors and tip drying, the ink flow amazing and after 30 min of painting still no tip dry so it lower the frustration i had because of the paint.

ill be happy if someone is know what type of paper is best for ink and erasing (using lequitex ink). brands and models will receive with smile ! :)

i am glad i started paint with the airbrush again and hope to keep motivation on.

Welcome from the U.K.
I don’t know much about the different papers as I like to paint on aluminium panels. But I do know that Blair Synthetic Paper, Yupo Synthetic Paper and Lana Vanguard are some popular choices for illustration techniques like erasing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Kobi, welcome to the forum, Not used Liquitex ink so cant advise you about what paper is best but as SiRoxx said there are a few synthetic papers available and I would like to add claybord, hot or cold press illustration board and standard card stock. Theres more but just try a few things first. It will be a case where you have to experiment to see whats best.

Lee

Welcome from Australia. Having a hobby always helps to heal the mind, which helps heal the body :)

I can’t help with the inks unfortunately

Back