New to airbrushing. Looking to combine it with other media.

redlayers

Young Tutorling
Hi everyone!

I didn't introduce myself before making a post. I'm 27, from the US. I've been learning drawing fundamentals for a few years and now getting into color and experimenting.

I'm looking to get some airbrush equipment for illustration. In my post I cited and posted Masumune Shirow's (creator of Ghost in the Shell and Appleseed) work as inspiration. I like the aesthetic of airbrushed backgrounds and smooth metal objects. Then doing characters and other foreground elements in a different medium like watercolor and acrylics. There's a certain smooth glow that an airbrush creates that just stands out against other media.

I've done some research and it looks like people are suggesting the Iwata HP-CS, the Iwata Power jet pro and E'tac Private stock paints for what I intend to do.

My concerns right now are cleaning. For $150 piece of equipment I'm going to be nervous trying to not break it during care. Knowing when to use opaque paint and when to use transparent is another thing I wonder about as well as mixing.

I'm definitely looking forward to airbrushing.

officially welcome from Australia,
With your background your only learning curve will be the airbrush, it’s not as easy as the pro’s make it look. In the early days it’s a lot of frustration in getting the paint, brush & psi dialled in to suits your location.

As for being fearful of the cleaning I will find a few links to previous threads and put them in your other thread :)

Welcome from the U.K. From your other post it seems like you’re doing a great job of researching before diving in. Kudos for that, a little reading can save a lot of time and money when it comes to airbrushing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to the forum from China! Don’t worry about cleaning... it will be a natural part of your process (especially if the brush doesn’t spray as it should!).

Back