New to airbrushing.

H

horton777

Hello everyone! As this thread's title suggests, I'm new to airbrushing. I don't know much, but I'm eager to learn.

Welcome home horton777,
So what country do you call home?
Knowing this will help us help you . That is your goal for airbrushing? Helmets , Canvas, automotive, or jsut anything and everything?
Have you bought any equipment yet? if so tell us what.

See we are a helpful bunch but we need to know more to be able to get you started on the right track and suggest paints and airbrush that will help you make it to your goal.

I call America home. I'd like to do airbrush calligraphy, and I'll see what else I can do I guess. I don't have an airbrush or any equipment yet, which is one of the reasons I came to this forum, to find out what kind of equipment I should get. Anyways, thanks for welcoming me to the forum.

Welcome to the forum from NH

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I call America home. I'd like to do airbrush calligraphy, and I'll see what else I can do I guess. I don't have an airbrush or any equipment yet, which is one of the reasons I came to this forum, to find out what kind of equipment I should get. Anyways, thanks for welcoming me to the forum.

Well if you want something local so you can get parts when needed , Michael's craft carries Badger airbrushes and spectra-tex paint.
Hobby Lobby carries Iwata airbrushes and Wicked paints made by Createx.
As far as a compressor , While the studio compressors they sell at both places are good they are not great . I do own one and have tried it but it was always running and built up a lot of moisture in the moisture trap.
So I suggest looking into a compressor with a tank.
Also if you decide to go to either Hobby Lobby or Michael's craft make sure to print off their 40% off anything in the store coupon so you can save some money.
Now you have to decide Bottom feed or gravity feed or side feed , Me I like gravity feed you can use smaller amounts of paint in the cup.

Well if you want something local so you can get parts when needed , Michael's craft carries Badger airbrushes and spectra-tex paint.
Hobby Lobby carries Iwata airbrushes and Wicked paints made by Createx.
As far as a compressor , While the studio compressors they sell at both places are good they are not great . I do own one and have tried it but it was always running and built up a lot of moisture in the moisture trap.
So I suggest looking into a compressor with a tank.
Also if you decide to go to either Hobby Lobby or Michael's craft make sure to print off their 40% off anything in the store coupon so you can save some money.
Now you have to decide Bottom feed or gravity feed or side feed , Me I like gravity feed you can use smaller amounts of paint in the cup.
Thank you very much for your help.

Thank you very much for your help.

That is what we are here for helping each other .
Make sure you get the air hose to fit what ever airbrush you pick .
The badger model 105 Patriot is a great little brush
or the Iwata Eclipse CS both those are gravity feed.
How big of calligraphy are you planning on work on. post card size or wall size or some where in between?

[h=1][/h]

I haven't really given much thought as to the size of the calligraphy, I just know that I like calligraphy and I'm interested in airbrushing. But I suppose larger than postcard, but not wall size, so an in between size I suppose.

Hi Horton, welcome from the uk. Calligraphy will be interesting, I find lettering pretty hard. Are you planning on free handing, or making stencils? You may want to consider a plotter to cut stencils for you, or maybe finding a company that can do them, or getting an exacto knife or scalpel, and practice cutting by hand. Free hand will be quicker in the long run, so check out all the AB tutor videos, and when you've chosen your brush start the exercises. Once you've got those down, you'll able to practice lettering (though I bet once you ge into it you will want to try other types of painting too). You may want to look at t-shirt artists on you tube as they do a lot of freehand lettering.

Welcome aboard Horton!! Once you start, ya can't stop airbrushing lol..its like Lays Potatoe chips:adoration:

Haha, well thanks again everyone, and to squishy, I had planned on making some stencils, but I'll be sure to check out some of those videos first, thanks.

welcome from honduras,hope you can call this place home as i do!!!:loyal:

Welcome aboard Horton!! Once you start, ya can't stop airbrushing lol..its like Lays Potatoe chips:adoration:

Meesh put down that bag of chips, you'll get grease on that painting....GEESH!!! Oh and remember....a moment on the lips, a lifetime on the hips! LMAO

Welcome, here you can learn much.... I know I have in my short time as a member...

Hello and welcome Horton from Pennsylvania, ok I have to say it.....did you hear a who? lol Sorry couldn't hold back. From the childrens book "Horton hears a who" lol

Welcome to the forum. If you have any questions, just ask. You've come to the right place. :)

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

Welcome from Canada. I'm new to ABing too and we have a lot of very nice ppl here that can help you with everything ! :)

Back