new to paints

W

Williamsc

I ordered some house of kolor Kustom Kolor paints but I have no idea how to thin them. It does not say what type of paints they are on the jar. They are small 1 oz jars. I practiced with them they flow great, I just need to know how/what to use to clean in between changing colors and how to thin them if I want them thinner. I saw this guy use windex, distilled water and pure glycerin as a cleaner/thinner will that work? any help would be greatly appreciated. Also if someone wants to suggest some paints and thinner/cleaner to use that would help too. I am completely new so let me have it.

thank you

I am using a Badger patriot 105 airbrush if that helps at all

The HOK is urethane paint, make sure you wear a respirator , one that protects against organic vapors. To thin you need the HOK RU 310 or 311 thinner. Your paints may be pre-reduced but can be over reduced for mor transparency. To clean use lacquer thinner. The water, winded, glycerine mix , won't really touch the urethanes. It is more for water based, spectra tex, AA,wicked, e'tac, etc.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

awesome thanks, yeah im big on the respirator i have 2 really nice ones that are for painting filtration. So i figure i have to order that thinner offline then?
thank you

thanks bought it online just now. Any recommendations for other paints that are good and easy to use for beginner? ones good for painting on wood, i want to paint my teak speargun.
thanks

Waterbased like wicked will paint wood. Or just about anything else. Its all in the prep and how you coat it after. Not sure about the prep for Teak. Someone else might though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Thanks i just need a walkthrough of how to paint it, do i paint it then clear poly, or should i use a white epoxy? or just need a few step by step help.

Thanks i just need a walkthrough of how to paint it, do i paint it then clear poly, or should i use a white epoxy? or just need a few step by step help.

Hi William and welcome to the forum, it depends on what you are painting and its application such as if it is on a car or bike it is exposed to sun and weather so it needs to be clear coated but for most interior work it usually isn't required.

Back