New to the forum - fron the UK

U

Ucuetis

Hi all, I'm new to the forum but not to airbrushing. I've been airbrushing for over 8 years now, exclusively working on scale models, which I have been making for well over a decade. I got into airbrushing as a way to achieve advanced effects on my models and to expand the subjects I could work on. The last couple of years the skills I've picked up airbrushing has allowed me to make a little extra cash on the side in Warhammer painting commisions which is very nice.

I'm from London, UK and have been a fan of Iwata since I got into airbrushing, after using a couple of cheap airbrushes from China I went out a bought a Iwata compressor and brush straight away. Until last month I had a faithful HP-C Plus until I accidentally dropped it and messed up the front end. After that I picked up a Infinity which unfortunately is causing me a couple of issues which is what brought me here in the first place. Everyone seems very knowledgeable so I thought I'd come here and get some needed advice.

I hope to learn and share much with you all here in the very near future!

Welcome to the forum, even though you now have a new infinity you can get a new front end for the Hp-c quite reasonably depending on what you have damaged. I dropped my HP-B the other week but I have a new needle and nozzle on order and it will work fine once fitted.

Lee

Welcome to the forum from China! I have been airbrushing for 6 months or so and still haven’t dared to buy a top notch brush from either H&S or Iwata. I know that my clumsiness would be a bad fate for such a brush...

Welcome to the forum from the US, @Ucuetis! I also have an Infinity. They can do wonderful work, but require care in set up and cleaning. Especially the smallest nozzle size (.15) Enjoy you time here and have fun!

Hi from another UK'er, not too far from you on the Hampshire coast. Sucks about your new gun. I'm an Iwata gal myself, haven't tried too many other brands, but so far none of the others (and some well known) have been able to match the feel/action/performance.

Post up some pics of your models, there are a few modellers around, but we're all pretty nosy and just like looking at other people's work.

Welcome aboard :)

Yes, please upload some pictures of your work, I used to paint the D&D figures then Warhammer and 40k. I still have the figures and sets i havent built yet so I might just dig some out and have a go again.

Lee

Welcome from a little South of you. I hope
You get to the bottom of the issue with your H&S. If it’s the smaller nozzle you’re using, try reducing the paint further on a test piece, try going crazily reduced to see if it helps and maybe look to dial in from there? Just a thought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back