new to the forum

R

righthandcustoms

Hey guys I'm fairly new to the forum but have found it to be a wonderful help to be in a community full of artists such as myself. Ive been airbrushing on and off for about 6 years. Until recently my talent has been seen by few. Im starting to gain customers and become noticed more. I kind of jumped right in the airbrush game and learned a lot real fast. My first job was my own personal bicycle. Then I did a whole car! Much bigger canvas. I painted my bike covered in lightning; my brother liked the idea so I did his mustang covered in lightning. ive done other smaller things since then tho. Looking forward to advice from you guys on my next adventures. Thanks for reading!

Welcome home and nice to have you here, Post up that work and tell use about the airbrushes and paints you use.
Also what country or state do you live in ?

Im from northwest indiana USA. I like to use my iwata hp-cs its a workhorse! The main paint I use is createx. Id like to start using wicked colors made by createx. Theyre supposedly better for automotive applications. [/ATTACH]0803091755-00.jpg 0703090601-00.jpg b291b7337308b430648f2a70c5e2c2254a82ab16.jpg

Sort of by michigan city. Small town called westville

Im from northwest indiana USA. I like to use my iwata hp-cs its a workhorse! The main paint I use is createx. Id like to start using wicked colors made by createx. Theyre supposedly better for automotive applications. [/ATTACH]View attachment 35359 View attachment 35360 View attachment 35361
Createx is not color fast. Even with a good 2k Clear it will fade in the sun over time.
Wicked is color fast and will not fade.
Hobby Lobby carries Wicked and they offer a 40% off coupon so you can save some money:D
Auto Air made by Createx is their automotive line as well as the AutoBorne which I have just ordered some of that to try.
But wicked holds up well on automotive and metals .

Mr.micron, I do go to hobby lobby for my createx. And I use 40% off every time:) I will definitely start using wicked colors asap knowing that. I feel kind of bad now cuz ive done jobs for people not knowing the colors will fade. Thanks for the advice

Mr.micron, I do go to hobby lobby for my createx. And I use 40% off every time:) I will definitely start using wicked colors asap knowing that. I feel kind of bad now cuz ive done jobs for people not knowing the colors will fade. Thanks for the advice
It is just part of learning , I made the same mistake when I first started too. Painted a mail box and used a good 2k clear and after the 2nd year is was faded white:(
But you will find that wicked is better to use and make sure to get the W500 reducer .
But you have found your new home here so you will pick up a lot of tips and tricks and knowledge.
And if you find yourself heading south to Bloomington drop me a PM and we can meet up.

I posted some of my work to my page. You guys should take a look!

Back