New to the forum

Hi Lee

Thanks for the welcome!

I have been putting my order together today for all the basics (cleaning pot, cleaning set, air hose, fittings, mask etc). I have the compressor but am still deciding on the brush! As I see it an Eclipse HP-CS and a Custom Micron combination will do everything required.

I am working out which paint to try, I know pain brands become a personal choice as I have been involved in paint application most of my life and you find the ones that not only perform the best but that you prefer applying.
Do you have experience of Createx???
What other paints are erasable like the Createx Illustration???

Andy

Depending on what you want to create you may not need a Micron. You wont regret the Eclipse but spend time with it, learn it, use different paints/reductions/pressures you'll be surprised the detail acheivable with it. The Micron will still be available when you are ready for it.

Some of the inks seem to perform reasonably well in the erasing department, but "illustration'' has a longer working window,

@AndreZA did a comparison of varying papers / paints, I'll see if I can find it.

Stop looking, i found it :)

http://www.airbrushforum.org/threads/paper-test.18292/#post-274299

The various Createx lines are well respected, but aren’t necessarily the easiest to use. People often refer beginners to Comart, it’s a little simpler to get it flowing nicely being that the Eclipse would likely shoot it straight out of the bottle without the need for further thinning or reducing. This has the benefit of giving one less thing to worry about.
Etac is another common one that o don’t have experience with, but lots of people here do amazing work with it, likewise Golden High Flow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back