New to the forum

O

OldTimeAir

Hello,
I have been lurking for a little while and decided to become a member. I used to airbrush professionally about 25 years ago. Then I got into digital art and design and life took its course... First 3D computer animation, digital photography, web design and now I spend my days coming up with complicated digital marketing campaigns that gather data, send out emails, texts, web ads etc. All the stuff we hate about the internet, LOL. Hey, it pays the bills and some.

I started airbrushing back in the 80's and put it down in the early 90's. Back then Iwata was just hitting the market and if you wanted a really good detail airbrush it was the paasche turbo thingy that was the bomb. Things have changed a lot since then. I wish I had the paints that are out now back then! So much better than the stuff I had to use. I still have my trusty Thayer & Chandler model A. Love that simple little brush. I picked up a new Badger Renegade Krome Jet too. I am looking forward to giving that a go.

Anyway, I am still waiting on some supplies to arrive before I get back in the saddle. I hope I can get back up to speed faster this time than when I first started. We will see. Great forum here, glad to be part of it now.

Thanks

Welcome to the forum, Yes things have changed a little since the 80's / 90's I remember using car paint from a spray can as there were very few dedicated airbrush paints way back in the 80's.. Anyway, enjoy your stay, lots of great artists and lots of experience / help if you need it., especially with the new paints.

Lee

Glad you stopped lurking :)
Welcome from Australia, I look forward to seeing some of your work once you shake the cobwebs off :)

Welcome to the forum from China! Glad to see you returning from the digital realm to the analogue world

Welcome from the U.K. I hope you enjoy your time here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back