New to the forum

H

harborbill

Hi everyone. I'm new to this forum but started airbrushing a little over 3 years now. Getting better at airbrushing but it seems like a slow journey. All my paintings are of images I find on the internet, not talented enough to create my own images yet. Still have a long journey a head of me.
Been lurking here since I joined in july of this year. I know a couple people here and was encouraged to join in, so this is a start. Been doing alot of reading and picking up some tips here and there. Seems like a good bunch of people here.

My equipment of choice:
Craftsman 1hp oiled compressor with 2 3 gallon air tanks attached. Compressor is mounted inside a plastic ice chest to help minimize the noise.
Paasche Talon gravity feed. Mainly use the .38 but sometimes use the .25 setup.
Golden brand airbrush paint and Golden fluid acrylics.
Not sure how many posts I need in order to post pics but as soon as I have enough, I will post some that I have done.

welcome, lots of great advice and folks on here, just ask when you have a question, or maybe you could teach us something, welcome... lots of good folks on here

Welcome from Holland. Sounds like a nice set up you have. The gang here will help you to get the best out of that.

Welcome home Bill , Nice to see you finally making post.
Now for those who do not already know Bill from other forums He is a awesome guy and has grown a lot over the past year or so in the art of airbrushing.
Bill pushes himself and like most of us always feels his work is not good enough ,But I will tell you it is.

Bill has one up on me cause he has painted a razor blade...

See Bill I am giving you a warm and long welcome. I told you everyone on here is awesome. And I am glad my buddy Ran was able to be the first to greet you.
Ran does some amazing work as do most on here.

lol thanks micron,, good to have one of your buds on here....my work is no more amazing than any other great artist on here....just glad to have the fellowship of a great group of people.

Thanks ranhalen and ignis, it's not too often that I get to give advice since I'm learning my self. The best I can do is give advice on what works for me.

Thanks ranhalen and ignis, it's not too often that I get to give advice since I'm learning my self. The best I can do is give advice on what works for me.

Bill that is all any of us do , Pass on what works for us and may work for others. So feel free to offer help anywhere you can.

Thanks for the kudos Herb, appreciat it. As far as the razors, well, I'm not exactly proud of them. Especialy seeing what others can do on a razor blade.

Thanks for the kudos Herb, appreciat it. As far as the razors, well, I'm not exactly proud of them. Especialy seeing what others can do on a razor blade.

You may not be proud of the but I am proud of you for pushing yourself and trying them.
Glad to see you are using your fairy skull painting as your avatar...:D

Thanks Jackeb, starting to feel all warm and fuzzy already. LOL

Harbor bill, great to have you here as well. It is a family and the guys and girls are always ready with encouragement and advice. Enjoy the site and your new worldwide artists.

Hi from the uk bill! I've been ABing just over a year and a half now, and I've learnt that you never stop learning. But even in my humble way, I think I have some advice to offer newbs, mainly - do yourself a favour and don't do what I did - Lol! I'm sure you'll be a great addition to the site, the level of support is awesome, and also really fun( if somewhat bizarre, tongue in cheek (now, now, no dirty threadjacks LOL), and downright risque on occasision. I'd like to see your razorblades so please post them when you can (after 10 posts I think), and any other paintings you have. Welcome.

(now, now, no dirty threadjacks LOL),

Now I hope you ain't talking about little old me .....I never jack a thread unless it is in need of it.....lmao:D:D:D

besides Bill knows only threads worth jacking get jacked

Besides, sometime, sometimes a jacked thread can add information that may never be seen.

Welcome Bill. I've seen a lot of your stuff already in another place that I tend to lurk around in occasionally. I like the way the skull and fairy came together by the way. Tis a cool place youve landed in here, I think youll dig it

Hi Bill and welcome aboard, can´t wait to see some of your work :)

Back