New to the Forum

A

Arty

Hello everyone

My name is Barry from the UK and new to this forum.

I have started being interested in art about a year ago, and I have been painting with Watercolour, Acrylics and Pastels and I have not got around to oils yet.

Anyway airbrushing has always fascinated me and I was going to wait until my art improved. But guess what? yes you are correct I got an airbrushing kit for Christmas, I was so pleased and it's sitting next to me still in it's box. The kit did not come with many instructions so I am always watching YouTube to get the knowledge and ideas.

I would love to get into a course or class as I am one of those people that always want to do it correctly from the start. But when I saw the prices for lessons and I am sure they are worth the money but being retired I will have to save my pennies and join at a later date.

Anyway enough about me, may I take the opportunity to wish everyone a Happy New Year and I look forward to being part of your forum.

Regards
Arty

Welcome Barry, you have came to the rite place my friend. Those courses are more or less for the experienced artist looking to get better. If you do what airbrush tutor has on YouTube it is the fundamentals that need to be practiced a lot that will get you well on your way.
Great to have ya here and if you have any questions just let them fly ;)

Josh

Welcome Arty to the forum my friend, follow all the lessons the tutor gives until you are board of spraying dots and lines:). It's a fast learning curve this airbrushing malarky and a bit frustrating at first, you will probably think that all your kit is faulty but the truth is you need to learn all the pitfalls first. Paint, air pressure, control, all things that we can guide you on but ultimately it's done to trail and error on your part. Practice practice and remember we have all started where you are now and you will learn fast, that is the best thing. Above all have fun, don't be afraid to ask and spread the love, enjoy:)

like wise barry, welcome and a happy new year....I'm sure you wil love the airbrushing but be warned it does take a little persistence.....where bouts in uk are you?

Hi Arty, welcome. You have found a great place to start. The guys and gals on this forum are very friendly and helpful.

Welcome you will find heaps here as I have and all the best for the coming year

Welcome from Mauritius Island. This forum is full of resources and you will get more info here than youtube at some time..anyway many of the vids on youtube are from fellows here :)
What kit did you received? We might help you understand this better and troubleshoot you later if you are stuck somewhere.
Have fun with this new addiction and never stop practicing...it's the best thing you can do during this journey..

B

like wise barry, welcome and a happy new year....I'm sure you wil love the airbrushing but be warned it does take a little persistence.....where bouts in uk are you?

Hello ad fez

Thank you for your welcome. I live in Burton upon Trent (Nr Derby). I can imagine and appreciate that airbrushing takes a lot of skill and I am ready to be frustrated. It was the same when I started watercolour painting you expect to be an artist straight away but we all know how wrong that is!. Well it's the weekend so I will stop looking at my new kit in the box and take everything out and see where everything goes.

If that goes well I might build up the courage to put some paint in. The wife has already given me orders to move into the garage as she is still happy with the existing pattern on the wallpaper ha ha.

Kind Regards
Arty

Welcome from Mauritius Island. This forum is full of resources and you will get more info here than youtube at some time..anyway many of the vids on youtube are from fellows here :)
What kit did you received? We might help you understand this better and troubleshoot you later if you are stuck somewhere.
Have fun with this new addiction and never stop practicing...it's the best thing you can do during this journey..

Hi btreize

Thanks for your welcome. I stayed up to 2.00am this morning watching videos and I have the red eyes to prove it. I was blown away by the many different things you can achieve with airbrushing I can't wait to get started. The kit I have was a present for Christmas so it's probably not as good as you guys use but it's a start. I can see myself spending some money over the next few months as I like working with good tools. The kit is called Pix Max Fantasy the compressor is 1/6hp and the two brushes are BD134 and BD128P which I must confess means nothing to me at the moment but will do after this weekend!!

Kind Regards
Arty

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi from the uk, and new to airbrushing. Hoping to learn alot from the pro's here :)

Back