New to this-facepaint?

B

butteiful

I coach a cheer team, and was asked to do some face painting this year. I was thinking this year about buying a system for airbrush for this to hopefully make a little money for fundraising and bring something new to our area.

I'm completely lost on what I need to buy, if I need to spend a crap ton of money on kits, is there something better I need to look for?

I apologize if this has already been covered! I use forums for a lot of things and figured this was the best place to ask.

TIA!

Hello and welcome. I am relatively new to airbrushing myself but have done a lot of research on face and body painting. The paint just about everyone has suggest I get is call ProAiir hybrid paint. Their are a lot of vids out on the inter web about it. It usually goes for about 20 or so with shipping and handling. The cheapest I've found was on amazon for like 15 or 17 I forget. I have some but haven't had chance to try it. Herb gave you a good example of a starter set up, but if you are going to do a lot of face and body painting your going to need a compressor with a tank, because your going to need more brushes for different colors, more brushes means more air. Oh you will need more brushes unless you plan own stopping and cleaning your brush after every color change. And as you probably well know with any age female they all will want a different color. No offense I am a father of three girls, 24, 9, and 4 yrs old so I know them pretty well too. Good luck have fun and come back soon ya hear.

Paint long and prosper\\//.

Thanks so much for your help! I don't think I need anything super fancy so the $150 set should work well for experimenting!

Kasey, will the compressor with this kit not work for multiple brushes so I won't have to clean the brush every time? What do you mean compressor with a tank (I'm assuming CO2)? Can I use something like this: http://www.sillyfarm.com/store/index.php?p=product&id=1623&parent=379 to have more colors? Or will I need a bigger compressor.

Oh, and no offense on the color thing...a girl needs color!

Hi butteiful If your planing on using several brushes with a manifold you will need a better compressor. Please make sure that you purchase FDA Approved face paints. I have no experience with those paints featured in that kit and I can not seem to find information on them however I didn't spend much time looking.

Have you considered starting out with "brush and sponge"? You can create some pretty cool effects/designs with this technique as well? Check out ebay sometimes you can find a great deal. To start out with the airbrush face painting you should expect to spend around 600.00 to get something that is going to last and the appropriate approved paints.

Silly farm you have already.

Here is a couple of links to airbrush body painting :

http://www.showoffsba.com/
http://www.europeanbodyart.com/

Thanks so much for your help! I don't think I need anything super fancy so the $150 set should work well for experimenting!

Kasey, will the compressor with this kit not work for multiple brushes so I won't have to clean the brush every time? What do you mean compressor with a tank (I'm assuming CO2)? Can I use something like this: http://www.sillyfarm.com/store/index.php?p=product&id=1623&parent=379 to have more colors? Or will I need a bigger compressor.
No that compressor to small. A compressor with a tank is a motor on top of a tank. Sorry compressor motor. You can use co2, but that's a whole nother set up. If you want to use multiple brushes attached to one compressor you need a compressor that can go up to at least 100 psi. Basically you need more power.
Oh, and no offense on the color thing...a girl needs color!

Butteiful here is a YouTube vid about everything you might need. John Place airbrush tattoo set up. Sorry don't no ho to post direct link to vid.Hope this helps.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
I think this is what Kasey was talking about :)

Back