New toy - Flake King 500

Thanks to the thread by @Drew Weininger and my enablers @SiRoxx and @Karl Becker, I am now the proud owner of a Flake King 500 (and of course some additional goodies as well)
I have 1,001 ideas running around in my head, but I need to get my PaintPal finished and mailed out before @Mr.Micron comes chasing me (which is no easy feat with the distance between us lol )

View attachment 64058
Ooooooooh!! pretty stuff.
Looks like a fun care package Boss. I’m interested to know how close the flake king clear is to UVLS. I know nothing about it and am guessing it’s waterbased rather than a solvent.
Looking forward to seeing what you get up to with it! Just be sure to start with the pressure low LOL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ooooooooh!! pretty stuff.
Looks like a fun care package Boss. I’m interested to know how close the flake king clear is to UVLS. I know nothing about it and am guessing it’s waterbased rather than a solvent.
Looking forward to seeing what you get up to with it! Just be sure to start with the pressure low LOL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I didn’t get their clear coat, what you see in the pic is the ‘binder’ which is the sticky coat for the glitter - oops, sorry... metal flake lol to stick to. I’ll use the Createx UVLS as the top coat.

I didn’t get their clear coat, what you see in the pic is the ‘binder’ which is the sticky coat for the glitter - oops, sorry... metal flake lol to stick to. I’ll use the Createx UVLS as the top coat.
Sure, sorry I meant binder, I should have been clearer (badum pah). That’s the one I want to know about. Lol, Metal flake is just Man Glitter! There’s no point pretending otherwise [emoji16]

Jackie- You're blaming just those two as enablers?!? o_O The whole bloody forum is like holding Alcoholics Anonymous meetings in a bar at Happy Hour!
:rolleyes:
Now I can give the kids a "suggestion" on what I want for Christmas at least...:D (My own gift will be to finally get my futility room in a shape where I can paint in a month or so. It's been entirely too long.)
Hopefully, you have no problem getting your PaintPal completed on time and sparing yourself Mr. Micron's wrath. Exercise the mature discipline and self control of an adult instead of giving in to childish impulsive buying and playing with new toys.;) Ahem- Not that anybody has those sorts of issues here. :whistling:lollol

I thought about getting one but I don't think I will ever use it. I watched Del (the inventor) use one to do flake and to do the corroded metal effects and they work really well but like @SiRoxx said use really low pressure or your place will look like a Unicorn has farted.

Lee

I thought about getting one but I don't think I will ever use it. I watched Del (the inventor) use one to do flake and to do the corroded metal effects and they work really well but like @SiRoxx said use really low pressure or your place will look like a Unicorn has farted.

Lee

I've a few ideas floating that aren't full panel things so hoping to incorporate patterns in the flake.
I'd already decided that this was going to be a shed only thing.... unicorn farts can get messy.

I've a few ideas floating that aren't full panel things so hoping to incorporate patterns in the flake.
I'd already decided that this was going to be a shed only thing.... unicorn farts can get messy.
HAHA, that is a wise choice. I got all keyed up ready with what I thought was low pressure, 3 2 1 and I could barely see the panel in front of me.
giphy.gif

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jackie- You're blaming just those two as enablers?!? o_O The whole bloody forum is like holding Alcoholics Anonymous meetings in a bar at Happy Hour!
:rolleyes:
Now I can give the kids a "suggestion" on what I want for Christmas at least...:D (My own gift will be to finally get my futility room in a shape where I can paint in a month or so. It's been entirely too long.)
Hopefully, you have no problem getting your PaintPal completed on time and sparing yourself Mr. Micron's wrath. Exercise the mature discipline and self control of an adult instead of giving in to childish impulsive buying and playing with new toys.;) Ahem- Not that anybody has those sorts of issues here. :whistling:lollol
giphy.gif

I also brought a load of Gold, silver and copper leaf but will probably never use it lol. Haven't even got the size to stick it on yet. I'm sure AAD will cure that, already got some stuff in my Amazon basket. I'm not like Jackie though and just hit the buy button lol. I ponder a while before pressing it.

Lee

I also brought a load of Gold, silver and copper leaf but will probably never use it lol. Haven't even got the size to stick it on yet. I'm sure AAD will cure that, already for tome stuff in my Amazon basket. I'm not like Jackie though and just hit the buy button lol. I ponder a while before pressing it.

Lee
I did ponder, for all of 10 minutes, not my normal 10 seconds :p

Oooo your slipping, slap on the hand for waiting so long :) I'm just watching funds at the moment due to working short weeks. for the last few months. If things start to pick up though my basket will be overflowing. :)

I’m trying to exercise a little self restraint, oh wait, restraint is squishy ‘thing’. Ok, next time I will hesitate long enough to check and see if there is anything else to throw in the basket.

I’m trying to exercise a little self restraint, oh wait, restraint is squishy ‘thing’. Ok, next time I will hesitate long enough to check and see if there is anything else to throw in the basket.
Definitely a Squishy thing lol.

Definitely a Squishy thing lol.

Restraint from Squishy? o_O Sorry guys, I'm just not seeing it of our delicate flower of the airbrush forum.

Well that's disappointing. Was hoping for latex, silk and... er well to each his/her own on exercising restraints. ;)
As long as it doesn't get out of hand. Something like this might happen

Back