For Every Airbrush Artist!

Ready to get involved? Register for free and you won't see any google advertising!

Register

new year is around the corner and I have a 11 month old "pup" to train

Discussion in 'Open Bar!' started by Ronald art, Dec 29, 2018.

1. Ronald art

Ronald art Air-Valve Autobot! Very Likeable!

any fellow dutch men on here know how bad it is with fireworks going off days before new years eve so I started to train my pup to stay calm with fire work noises in July this year and even if it wasnt much and only with recorded fireworks noises it is paying off now he still has his moments but he stays sort of calm even in the dark when the flashes and colors shoot up all around us in the streets and it sure helps that my other dogs are trained not to react to any noise or bang they hear or see flashes and colors in the sky
    the only thing that could ruin it is when I get caught by surprise and get spooked so fingers crossed that wont happen :D
    jord001 and SiRoxx like this.
  2. jord001

jord001 Air-Valve Autobot!

Hopefully your training has done its job and you will be fine. At the worst case he will need another session to desensitize him a bit more.

Good luck on new year.

Lee
  3. Ronald art

thanks Lee I am training him for 6 month now and he is starting to trust me but he still has a long way to go, having said that he ignores the noise around him and using his nose to explore what is going on
    jord001 likes this.
  4. Ronald art

the last day for new years eve is "traditional" the worse day if it comes to fire works but I still went to the off leash forest with my dogs the 2 oldest dogs are 6 and nearly 2 years old and know the drill : do not react to loud bangs and just go about as if it doesnt sound like there is a war going on around the forest the 11 month old one behaved like every thing was as usual and did what he always does : running around and playing with other dogs ignoring all fire works
    on our way back home there were a few kids trowing heavy fire works around with out looking and he didnt even look at the fire works so I feel safe to say his early training has payed off and we will be in for a easy new years eve without a fearful young dog :)
  5. twood

twood Elite Member! Elite Member! Very Likeable!

Wow...great news
  6. Ronald art

well drinking and taking pic's never mix for me or in this case my wife but however crappy this pic is you can see that my training had payed off big time :) 2 sleeping dogs at midnight December 31 2018 the third dog just woke up to see what my wife was up to as he slept on her lap
    newyear.jpg
    huskystafford likes this.