For Every Airbrush Artist!

Ready to get involved? Register for free and you won't see any google advertising!

Register

new year

Discussion in 'Open Bar!' started by Ronald art, Dec 31, 2017.

1. Ronald art

Ronald art Air-Valve Autobot! Very Likeable!

in some parts on this planet it is already 2018 but down here we still hours to go , not that it is off any interest to me 2018 begins where 2017 ends and by the looks of it it wont be any better or worse than every other single year was for me there will be highs and lows I just hope they will balance each other out :)
  2. Mr.Micron

Mr.Micron Royal pain in the air hose Admin

Yes here in the US where I live we have about 14 more hours to go , But new years is kind of like birthdays the come and go and the older you get the faster they seem to come lol .
    I do wish you and yours a very happy New Year .
    SiRoxx likes this.
  3. SiRoxx

SiRoxx Party Boy UK Style Very Likeable!

Let’s hope the year leans towards the up side. Happy New Year all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  4. SiRoxx

SiRoxx Party Boy UK Style Very Likeable!

Let’s hope the year leans towards the up side. Happy New Year all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  5. Ronald art

2018 means more tax paying and rising gas prices so that is a down for us Dutch and I have been thinking about the highlights in 2017 and came to the conclusion it was the unexpected F1 trigger gift and how well it suites my needs so once more a big thank you to you know who you are
    JackEb and SiRoxx like this.
  6. Malky

Malky Pencil Pushing Protagonist Very Likeable!

The rising taxes and gas prices are not just in Holland Ronald, they are happening here too and I would inagine the rest if Europe too, but my biggest gripe with the taxes in Holland was how many there are and having to pay them even when you don't work, my wife and I were both declared unfit to work while I was still there and other than a tiny bit off income tax we had to pay the full amount of every other tax as well as having to pay the compulsory health insurance which didn't even cover all of my wife's medicines, my wife had a very small pension which was deducted from from our disabled benfits but despite this, we didn't qualify for any of the reductions other people could get to help with rent and health insurance, Holland has to be the onky country in the world where you are literally punished and oppressed for being sick.

After returning to Scotland in February it has taken me till now to get re-established in my homeland but I am settled now, I get better health care without having to pay health insurance, luckily here if you don't have it you don't pay, it's that simple, I even get free dental treatment and glasses and because I have some disabilities my home has been totally adapted to suit my needs, I didn't know it till this week but at this time of year the sick, disabled and elderly get cold weather payments when the temperature drops to zero or below, next year, or rather in just over 3 months turn 60 and at that time I get a pass that allows to travel free on all buses anywhere in Scotland.

I noticed when I was living in Holland that people seemed to be too layed back and just accepted whatever the government threw at them, if the people stood together and questioned decisions as a whole country the powers that be would have no choice but to listen, just like Thatcher did here.
    RichardH likes this.
  7. Ronald art

it is not just the dutch government that is sealing us blind it is the EU that is doing us in and you did the bast thing you could do by moving back to bonnie Scotland
  8. Jurien72

Jurien72 Have Airbrush - Will Travel!

Not to get overly political, but I wish some liberals in our country could read what you just posted!:thumbsup:
    doc1 likes this.
  9. Malky

That's why Britain is getting out of Europe, a huge amount of the taxes you are paying is being loaned to other member states that have financial problems and will never be able to pay it back so they just keep giving thrm hand outs while the ordinary citizens in the so called stable states foot the bill.

I'm definitely glad to be home, I can't guarantee 2018 will be a fantastic year but it certainly won't be as bad as the last 5 years have been, I was in Holland a total of 18 years and had a great time there, even made the effort to speak, read and write Dutch and loved my time three along with a lot of great people I met, it was onky when I got sick it all started going tits up, my wife was already sick when I met her but I was told I had no rights at all despite paying all my taxes, so my wife had to make claims by herself on my behalf and when she did I wasn't even allowed to sit with her when she did it all.

The worst decision Holland made was to accept the € in place of Gulders, as soon as that happened everything doubled in price and then just kept going up, when I first came to Holland everything was cheaper than here, now it's the other way round.

The first time I bought a litre of paint for my house in Holland the guy at groothandle asked me for €80, I said to him we can get 5 litres for less than that, he said it's to protect the environment, I said I understand, in Scotland we have no environment, we just breath in water mixed with exhaust fumes:)
  10. Ronald art

that is the Netherlands for you we voted against the EU and the Euro but there is no democracy any more and the big money is calling the shots so what did we get : a bloody shut the F@@k up what do you know we are joining the EU like it or not and we need the Euro to keep robing you blind so shut up and pay up and the bastard in charge even went as far to just state that any one who has the nerve to move to the UK after you leave the the EU will loose the Dutch passport and will no longer be regarded to be Dutch
    Malky likes this.
  11. Malky

LOL, but at least you got to keep Zwaart Piet who would have been banned in every other member state:)

It was suggested to me to apply for a Dutch passport when I first got married, the only condition other than being married was that I had to speak fluent Dutch which I did at the time, in fact anytime I worked in Amsterdam people there knew I learned in Brabant, but I refused the passport, I knew that one day something would happen to my wife and it was always my plan to return home being as there would have been no further reason to remain in Holland, my wife couldnt speak a word of English so living here was never an option for the both of us.
    Ronald art likes this.
  12. RichardH

RichardH Mac-Valve Maestro! Very Likeable!

Our dear government here just passed a law to make the rich richer and the poor poorer by way of taxes. Next election, i hope none survive the elections.
    Malky likes this.