New

Sorry to bother you again jack, I’ve ordered everything that you advised, but can I use the createx paint I already have to practice lines, blends etc?

For practise you can probably thin with water, the results won’t be great but youre practicing technique nothing else.
Get the pressure as low as you can as long as it’s spraying well.

Welcome Box. Dre Struzen is a legend! His Indiana Jones pictures might be my favourite and he's a great source of inspiration. What paints and which brush have you gone with?
I’m going to give a few 80s posters a go after a good practice. Thinking the goonies or back to the future

Welcome from Australia Boz.
I was born in Kent :). Sittingbourne to be precise, left there in ‘69

What started your interest in Airbrush and where do you want to end up ?
Do you remember any of these names from sittingbourne? Mockett Bates Boswell and brunger

Not any names that I recall,
My Grandmother use to own/run “Butler & Coleman transport” in the ‘50s & 60s

I’m related to Bones, Williams, Butler, Coleman

Welcome from South Africa, if you listen to these Guru's you will be up and running in no time....

For practise you can probably thin with water, the results won’t be great but youre practicing technique nothing else.
Get the pressure as low as you can as long as it’s spraying well.
Got to keep the pressure low when thinning with water as the paint will just spider out on you and keep the ratio's in tact, too much water will be wasting your paint and your patience!... Reducer is much better, ratio I mix depending on the project, is usually 1 drop paint to 4 drops reducer works well on 20psi and .2 needle...

Got to keep the pressure low when thinning with water as the paint will just spider out on you and keep the ratio's in tact, too much water will be wasting your paint and your patience!... Reducer is much better, ratio I mix depending on the project, is usually 1 drop paint to 4 drops reducer works well on 20psi and .2 needle...
Thanks for advice I’ll give it a go, everyone on here has been really welcoming and supportive..

Ilze, Boz has regular createx at the moment which will need a higher psi and reducing with water as the pigment is not as fine. Your mixture of 1-4 will work fine with wicked which i believe Boz has now ordered.

Lee

Welcome to the forum Boz from the west mids, Were here to help. If you struggle with the regular createx then don't torture yourself, switch straight to the wicked. You will have better results and we can help you out if you get stuck. The H&S has a fine setup so you may have to experiment a little to get the paint flowing right but we will be right here.

Lee

Back