New!

Jeffrey Lawler

Young Tutorling
Are there any seasoned folks that would like to give me a tour I am game. I have been playing with different arts for most of my life and have painted but I am newer to airbrushing. I have an Iwata Eclipse and really looking to explore some of the possibilities with the airbrush. I will post a question

What is one thing that I should know that is specific to the art of airbrushing?

What is one thing that I should know that is specific to the art of airbrushing?

it’s frustrating, addictive but also fun :p

seriously though, getting everything dialled in is the hardest part. It can seem to take ages to get the right reduction/psi/paint combo, and just when you think you’ve got it dialled in, the weather changes !!

Welcome Jeffrey. Definitely second what Jacki said. Then I would add that it’s good to have an idea of what kind of art style you’re interested in as it can have an effect on what type of paint etc you start using.

Are there any seasoned folks that would like to give me a tour I am game. I have been playing with different arts for most of my life and have painted but I am newer to airbrushing. I have an Iwata Eclipse and really looking to explore some of the possibilities with the airbrush. I will post a question

Patience ! Slow is fast fast is sloppy.
When you watch any of the pros airbrush videos they make it look so easy and fast and most folks feel if they aren't painting as fast as the pros they are not doing it right. That is incorrect thinking. Like learning to walk you first must learn to crawl . Start simple while in other art forms you might being doing some really detailed things with an airbrush you have to use all the tools you can .
Not sure where you live at on this planet but depending on where you are most places you can find a class or too to take if you really want to boost you skills faster. But Dots, Dagger strokes , fades and blends is what you practice a lot of .
Paint reduction is something you will also have to figure out and that may change day to day depending on what paint you are using and the weather condition in your area.
Pick one paint brand and stick with it while you are learning. master it know all the pros and cons of it.

Everything that the others have said.. There's no fast and furious way, it's a steady but steep learning curve. You will get it eventually however it takes a little patience.

Lee

Welcome from New Zealand! It's a fun game but can be very frustrating! Steep learning curve and worth the effort. Eclipse is great.

Back