Newb Guy - Knows nothing.

S

smitty

The title sums this up... I have an Iwata brush I use to touch up some other paint type stuff I do. I am amazed by some of the things I see just in shading and detail using the airbrush. I'm getting more heavily involved with using it now. So I'm here sucking up info on an as needed basis.

Welcome home , You can learn a lot here and a lot of friendly helpful folks on here..

make sure to check out airbrush tutor's videos has everything for the beginner...Airbrush Tutor - YouTube

Welcome Smitty. Please feel free to ask anything you have in head. I am new here too and from a few posts, those fellows in here has helped me a lot.

B

Welcome smitty. Have fun with what your about to experience. It's a journey and you will never learn too much. Mitch has started a wonderful site and now you are part of it. Great to have you on this global forum. Spread the love!

Thanks for the welcome.

I've fired up the tutorials and will probably get to painting this afternoon. I already have questions regarding my paint... so I'm off to another section already :confused-new:

Welcome smitty, ask away and don't forget to try the search bar first for any info as its probably already been asked:)
Enjoy and join in my friend.

Thanks for the welcome.

I've fired up the tutorials and will probably get to painting this afternoon. I already have questions regarding my paint... so I'm off to another section already :confused-new:
What is the question on paint , You can ask it here or use the search button due to a lot of paint questions have answers to them already , But happy to help you out .

What is the question on paint , You can ask it here or use the search button due to a lot of paint questions have answers to them already , But happy to help you out .

I went over to the paint section and started reading...

Literally, I use a lot of HOK paints normally. I do small touch ups and such with the airbrush and want to use the brush more and more. I do not know if the use of HOK paints is good long term or if I should switch to an auto air or Createx paint? I use a urethane clear over everything I do...

Great questions like that... Search button getting molested as we speak...

I went over to the paint section and started reading...

Literally, I use a lot of HOK paints normally. I do small touch ups and such with the airbrush and want to use the brush more and more. I do not know if the use of HOK paints is good long term or if I should switch to an auto air or Createx paint? I use a urethane clear over everything I do...

Great questions like that... Search button getting molested as we speak...

Make sure that the needle bearing in your airbrush is teflon , Other than that use the safety requirements for HOK IE spray mask ,
HOK in my opinion will hold up forever...LOL and you can not beat their Kandies ..
Here is a great video on reduction of HOK for both spray gun and airbrush... Mixing the House of Kolor Urethanes

Yeah... I use an HVLP system and spray bases for other applications... I did a rifle stock in Planet Green paint and Oriental Blue once... That's a good paint for a windy day...

IMG_5371.jpg

I want to implement airbrushing into some of this work.

Yeah... I use an HVLP system and spray bases for other applications... I did a rifle stock in Planet Green paint and Oriental Blue once... That's a good paint for a windy day...

IMG_5371.jpg

I want to implement airbrushing into some of this work.

Zombie gun? An airbrush is great for this .

Zombie gun? An airbrush is great for this .

You see where I'm going with this...

The dip is not really art. I'm restricted on what is in the design and what is not, it's not really fluid or flexible.

More or less.... I want more from my finishes... Dipping is good for camos and some Carbon Fibers... but I want more flexibility, customization, and art... actual art...

Thats why I'm here to pound down your search button :beguiled:

You see where I'm going with this...

The dip is not really art. I'm restricted on what is in the design and what is not, it's not really fluid or flexible.

More or less.... I want more from my finishes... Dipping is good for camos and some Carbon Fibers... but I want more flexibility, customization, and art... actual art...

Thats why I'm here to pound down your search button :beguiled:

Well brother just start with the basic and start paint art. Russ did up a rifle http://www.airbrushforum.org/works-...orks/2818-beast-take-3-third-attempt-lol.html sure you can pick his brain too.

Back