Newb in Austin

W

whiskeymike

Hi everyone. I just got an Iwata HP-CS, and starting the journey on learning how to airbrush. I’m mainly into metal work with plasma cut steel/aluminum, welded art, signs etc. i’m Hoping to use the airbrush for weathering, lettering, and other uses. I’ve been watching a ton of YouTube howtos like Bloodshot’s stuff.

I live in Austin, TX, if anyone is around here, it would be great to see any suggestions for local resources or vendors in the area.

Thanks for having me. I’m going to post some questions in the beginner forum to get started.

Welcome to the forum whiskymike, I seen a few of bloodshots vid's. He drives me mad saying "guys" all the time but his work is pretty good. Plenty of talent and experience here to help you get to be "one" with the airbrush. Enjoy your stay.

Lee

Welcome from Australia, it’s quiet here at the moment- frantic time of year for most but give it a week or two and things will be buzzing along again :)

Welcome from the UK whiskeymike! You chose a great brush. Ideal to learn on, but so versatile you won't grow out of it either.

What paint are you planning to use?

Welcome home WhiskeyMike , I had never watched any of Bloodshot's video until today . He is not to bad to watch , I will also suggest have a look at the AirbrushTutor's youtube page Mitch is a blast to watch .

Back