Newb just getting started.

$

$aba$

How's it goin folks? My name is $aba$ and I'm trying to get into airbrushing so I can vent my creativity. Problem is I don't know anything about airbrushing. So I'm tryin to find out which brush is the best for me to start learning with. Keep in mind, I am on a tight budget, so if anyone could be so kind and help me out. I would greatly appreciate it. :triumphant:

I started with one of the £60 sets fromm ebay, dual action brush compressor and hose, done me all right until I dropped it.welcome anyhow hope you get on well. whats your total budget anyhow

Hi and welcome to the Forum :)

Thx. I'm glad I was able to find such a forum on the subject. I thought I would have to succumb to youtube videos and just bugging my uncle along with the ppl at the swap meets,lol :beguiled:

I'm not sure yet. Had a guy offer me a paasche H for $20 but I didn't know if that was a good deal or not, u know.

Noooooooooo!!!!!! I believe the paasche h is a single action airbrush. you only want to be looking at double action, and (personal preference on this next comment) gravity fed rather than syphon fed. syphon fed tends to be for larger areas, for you starting out you want a cheapish gravity fed dual action airbrush

hello aba
im very new to airbrushing so dont rely on what i say as i havnt any experience of other airbrushes,
BUT i bought a iwata neo for £40 new and after a little sand/polish here and there its a very smooth brush but the needle doesnt pull back straight in the middle of the nozzle on my one so if you can check that on the ones in the shop there worth a look
its luck of the draw you might get a really nice one straight out the box

hello, well come, remember that any gun you buy will always remain, then wait and think carefully about the purchase.
If you've never used before that you spray tips Iwata Airbrush NEO CN

- Double action airbrush
- Power supply: gravity
- Needle / Nozzle material: 0.35 mm
- Interchangeable Cups: 1/3 oz - 1/16 oz
- Solvent proof screws PTFE.
Iwata is the top, is durable and can easily find replacement parts.
in Europe costs 61 €.
If your budget is a little higher this test.
Iwata Eclipse CS Airbrush HP

- Double action airbrush
- Needle / Nozzle material: 0.3 mm
- Capacity: 7.0 ml
- Solvent proof PTFE lives.
€ 119 ;)

$aba$, If you have a Hobby Lobby near you, you can use their 40% off coupon to pick up a NEO for Iwata for about $40US. It is a very good starter airbrush. Some folks have had luck with the $17 double action brushes from Harbor Freight. (I have not).

Good luck and welcome to the forum.

I'm in the states so about how much would that be? And where?
hello, well come, remember that any gun you buy will always remain, then wait and think carefully about the purchase.
If you've never used before that you spray tips Iwata Airbrush NEO CN

- Double action airbrush
- Needle / Nozzle material: 0.35 mm
- Interchangeable Cups: 1/3 oz - 1/16 oz
- Solvent proof screws PTFE.
in Europe costs 61 €.
Iwata Eclipse CS Airbrush HP

- Double action airbrush
- Needle / Nozzle material: 0.3 mm
- Capacity: 7.0 ml
- Solvent proof PTFE lives.
€ 119 ;)

I was always a hardcore Paasche fan, but lately I have to admit Iwata is top of the bill (the older generation Paasche Turbo excluded perhaps). I suspect Paasche has not upgraded its production machines; the old Paasches from before the trun of the century were really good and fair priced, but the later models I found to have disappointing performance. Not too long ago I bought an other V#1 and the stub of the siphon paint cup was too long and jammed the needle... Paasches used to come with business card sized test sheets accompanying all airbrushes they sold (so the buyer would know it was tested and approved). I just could not get the V#1 to spray as fine and stable as the Iwata CM SB that I bought a week later from disappointment of the Paasche's performance. I did not regret buying the Iwata, I must say. If their quality standards apply to all their products then I guess you will have an excellent purchase with the NEO.

If you've never used before that you spray tips iwata airbrush neo cn

- double action airbrush
- power supply: Gravity
- needle / nozzle material: 0.35 mm
- interchangeable cups: 1/3 oz - 1/16 oz
- solvent proof screws ptfe.
In europe costs 61 €.
Iwata eclipse cs airbrush hp

- double action airbrush
- power supply: Gravity
- needle / nozzle material: 0.3 mm
- capacity: 7.0 ml
- solvent proof ptfe lives.
€ 119 ;)

i recommed what the nam said

Back