Newbie and looking for some advice

B

bherr

I own a motorcycle shop doing service, repair and have a dyno for performance tuning. I also do a lot of powder coating. I'm always looking to expand my horizons and would like to get into air brushing. I haven't been painting since high school but had a full scholarship to attend art school, but entered the air force. I've been looking at all the different air brushes on Ebay but not sure which one to purchase. I'll be doing mostly pictures on motorcycle gas tanks, fenders, fairings, etc. Any help on which manufacture to buy and model would be very helpful. I'd like to stay around the $100-$150 price range.

Thanks in advance.
Ben
2 Wheel Creations

Welcome aboard Ben!! I have a Badger Krome, little over your budget. Im sure someone will be alo g shortly to help :excitement: i think, Hobby Lobby (USA) ALWAYS has a 40% off

Welcome to the forum

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Welcome home been ,
while the krome is a bit over your budget it is a 2 in 1 airbrush which means you can have it set up for fine detail work with the .2 set up or use the .3 set up which you can still get great detail from.
Iwata Eclipse CS is another great workhorse of a brush. .35 set up with practice you can pull some really fine detail out of it.
It does help us more if you told what state or country you live in . that way he could offer better advice on places to purchase them from.
Hobby Lobby has a kit that comes with the Eclispe CS Comart paint and a moisture trap for 209.99 minus the 40%(83.99) would put you around the 120.00 range. but you would still need to buy the hose to run it. Iwata HP-CS Eclipse Airbrush Kit | Shop Hobby Lobby
Being you own a shop I will assume you have a good compressor.

Michael's craft store carry Badger Badger Model 105 Patriot Airbrush while their website does not list a web site they also have a 40 to 50 % off coupon you can print off .

Or you can visit my favorite one stop shop Coast Air brush Airbrush Products and Accessories-Coast Airbrush:Airbrushes
and look over all the airbrushes.

Well the budget is 100- 150 you should be able to get a Krome for that. Coast is out of stock right now but they are like 114 plus shipping. I think it would be in the budget if that is the brush you wanted to invest in.

The hp-cs is IMO the best brush to learn and grow with It is also as close to bullet proof as you are going to find airbrush wise.. Coast has factory refurbished for a hundred bucks right now

The hp-cs is IMO the best brush to learn and grow with It is also as close to bullet proof as you are going to find airbrush wise.. Coast has factory refurbished for a hundred bucks right now
Sounds like a winner to me...

If you are unhappy with it I will buy it besides the fact that coast has a real phone# with real artists and techs that will help you out with it until you are happy

Last edited by a moderator:
The Iwata Eclipse CS is a great all around brush that would be great for your automotive and bike work. It will also give you some fine detail with practice. I have two of them and a Micron and I use them all. Great brush.

Yup .. hp-cs, hp-bcs and my beloved and overworked cm-c+ are all that I have left and use in the small gun bracket ooops I do have my original VL around someplace I should have it bronzed

With time the Eclipse can do wonders. Just look at the masters. Many use the eclipse more than a Micron.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I agree with MeeshellMP... I love me some Badger Krome. Excellent brush for the $$.

I'd like to thank all those you have replied to my post. I now have an idea as to which air brush I'll purchase.

Ben

Back