Newbie from England

certainly think I'm ready for monochrome class, would do my work alot of good aswell, seeing as though I'm only painting in black and grey

certainly think I'm ready for monochrome class, would do my work alot of good aswell, seeing as though I'm only painting in black and grey

Yeah I was thinking that may be affordable....if I grovel to the mrs a lot...trouble is its all around her birthday not mine!!! Maybe I could treat her to a nice little BB in yarmouth;)

Yeah I was thinking that may be affordable....if I grovel to the mrs a lot...trouble is its all around her birthday not mine!!! Maybe I could treat her to a nice little BB in yarmouth;)
hahaha yer and then have breakfast with her say you are poppin out for a paper and re appear 2 days later

Woooo your work is killer mate!!! Welcome aboard my friend, this is a great place to be with loads of talent and great people, love your work so far and look forward to seeing more, I you have any info on more classes like that please post them in the courses and demo thread.
I live in suffolk so not to far from GY.
Would like to know how you did the AVP pic on the shirt, did you cut out a stencil or freehand??

Cheers mate, yes just used some blown up images as simple stencils for basic shapes - then lots of freehand. I think too much stencil work can look a bit stiff if you know what I mean? Got a couple of WIP images somewhere , will post them if I can find them.

Welcome from another UK Member,
What was your work like before the course?

Hi Tony, most of the images I've posted were from before the course. The Ali shirt, AVP shirt and Robert Plant portrait are the only things since. The photo realism only really works on hard surfaces where you can erase properly to create texture I think. It doesn't translate well to T - shirt work but Marissa also gets you seeing the image better and noticing the shapes and contrasts.

Ok found a couple of WIP pics for AVP shirt and some pics of older shirts I did over the last few months. On hols for a week now so won't be posting till I get back. Thanks for making a newbie feel real welcome!!

alien v pred T-shirt.jpgalien v predator w.i.p. (750 x 1000).jpgalien v pred close up.jpgAlien v Pred T close up (750 x 1000).jpgdirty harry shirt.jpg

smashing.
You are very good. love it, but then I love textile painting.

Back