Newbie from the UK

Mike115

Mac-Valve Maestro!
Hi guys what an amazing site, thanks for letting me join, I'm in the UK.

Back in the 90s my cousin was a renowned airbrush artist, I was always amazed and wanted to try myself but I simply couldn't afford at the time.

Some 20 odd years later, I have a wife and kids and we're all into RC

I've been spraying bodies of my RC trucks with rattle cans and then I remembered the passion I felt for airbrushing and immediately decided now was the time.

The issue I have, is I've have no idea what is decent, what's awful, what's over priced, what's a bargain, what's too powerful or underpowered for RC body painting

I own absolutely nothing and tragically my cousin has passed away, otherwise I'd ask them, so your stuck with an over enthusiastic n00b :)

Officially Welcome from Australia,
this site is the place for over enthusiastic noobs. there is no question that hasn't been asked before so make use of the search function and if you're still confused then by all means ask away. We are global so you'll have a variety of answers from experience people

giphy.gif

I love this Gif Husky, it makes me smile every time you post it, but you may want to spell check your 'WEKCOME' to WELCOME :)
Ups I didn't notice that... I don't remember where I found that video, I think on you tube. Gonna search it and correct that. Yea, that husky and butterfly is a nice combination for welcoming someone :)

Welcome Mike.. When I do RC bodies i use createx auto air for the design then back it in rattle can white then black then laquer, the white makes the colours stand out and the black is just to match it all in as I usually do my window in a chameleon witch needs a black backing for the chameleon to work.. Hope that helps you out some Mike..

Here's a question

Can one become a "good" airbrush artist if one can't draw?

♂️
absolutely ! If anything, airbrushing has taught me how to draw, I'm still better at airbrushing than drawing but I'm happy with that :)

Even our leader (airbrush tutor) says "you can Learn how to airbrush.. Even if you can't draw or have no artistic 'talent'!" Check out his tutorial site, register over there and you'll have access to free training projects and exercises. use the 'tutorials' link at the top of the page

Back