Newbie question about "which" brush

DO IT, DO IT, DO IT...... JBTest said I had to so......

seriously though, if you can borrow a brush then that would be the best way for you to test the water. make sure he shows you how to clean it out or you could be buying him a replacement
be warned, taping over paint looks easy when you see it done. I have recently learnt that putting tape down on existing paint can leave what they call track marks, imagine the glue soaking into your paint and you can still see where the tape was after you remove it. granted it was on Createx water based paint but it had been dry for a week, was only on the work for a few hours and once the track mark is there there is no way to cover it. I assume it would need a clear coat over the paint before taping up. maybe it just doesnt like water based paint and it has to be urethanes, I don't know I haven't been down that rabbit hole yet.

Mr Micron, if / when I ever get to the level of 'suck' you are with an airbrush, i will be one happy camper. I've seen your work.

DO IT, DO IT, DO IT...... JBTest said I had to so......

seriously though, if you can borrow a brush then that would be the best way for you to test the water. make sure he shows you how to clean it out or you could be buying him a replacement
be warned, taping over paint looks easy when you see it done. I have recently learnt that putting tape down on existing paint can leave what they call track marks, imagine the glue soaking into your paint and you can still see where the tape was after you remove it. granted it was on Createx water based paint but it had been dry for a week, was only on the work for a few hours and once the track mark is there there is no way to cover it. I assume it would need a clear coat over the paint before taping up. maybe it just doesnt like water based paint and it has to be urethanes, I don't know I haven't been down that rabbit hole yet.
Believe me, I know how to clean spraying equipment. When I was growing up and using my Dad's air guns they were to be returned to factory clean or my rear end wasn't going to be much good for sittin'. :eek:

Believe me, I know how to clean spraying equipment. When I was growing up and using my Dad's air guns they were to be returned to factory clean or my rear end wasn't going to be much good for sittin'. :eek:
glad to hear you were taught to clean up after use, not doing so is an exercise in frustration :)

If anyone is interested, Spraygunner has the GSI Creos Procon Boy PS-270 0.2mm on their website for $100 or $88 if you don't have to have the package.

Back