newbie question

B

buttflyzzz

Hello all, I am a rookie to the tenth degree and I am lost im the ocean of airbrush styles.
I am looking for something to do micro models 1/43 and smaller. I really need fine line for details but would also like to do some stencil work on my 1/10th scale RC bodies. I will need the compressor also and my price range is $300 - $400. Any ideas? Thanks for any help.

Welcome, you are in the right place!!! I have never done models so can't help you there but if your price range is 3 to 400 bucks you could spend that and more just on the airbrush, lol!! I recommend the I iwata micron for fine detail, only cause I believe it's the best. But I have heard good things about the badger renegade series and the badger chrome, along with the harder & steenbache brands. Any compressor will pretty much do anything airbrush, but you will need a good air filter, water trap and a regulator for air pressure. Try tcpglobal.com they have many starter sets to choose from. I am not great at all the technical descriptions for you but there are a ton of great people on here that will be along shortly to further help you along. Good luck and hope to see some of your work!!!

Hi and welcome to the Forum. I also never did any models, but i would suggest that you have a look at airbrushes that have a needle nozzle combination of 0.2mm or at least under 0.3 mm for your models
since they seems to be very small. Also you should get a gravity feed one since you dont need alot of paint for your models i guess and the bottle on the syphone feed ones might be even in your way with the models.
Suggestions from my side would be maybe, Harder and Steenbeck Evolution, Iwata Eclipse series, Badger Renegade Velocity ( should be about the same as the Renegade Krome just without a crome finish and cheaper) .
Those are all Guns that are not at the top of the price range and should fit good into your budget. About a compressor its like Seamonkey mentioned it, about any normal big compressor will do as long and noise is no matter
in your case and a water trap and regulator is attached. If you want something quiet you would have to look for a silent airbrush compressor that uses a fridge motor. But those are way more expensive.

Thanks Guys, That will give me a start. I will be sure to post some pictures after the break in period (for me not the gun). Cheers

Get the badger renegade krome. I am 4 to 5 months into this. I have a paasche talon and recently got the Krome, and the feel with the krome is amazing. Get an iwata neo and a 150$ brush. Leaves you a couple hundred for a compressor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
Get the badger renegade krome. I am 4 to 5 months into this. I have a paasche talon and recently got the Krome, and the feel with the krome is amazing. Get an iwata neo and a 150$ brush. Leaves you a couple hundred for a compressor.

I just checked out the krome and this looks like what i invisioned getting. Do you know if it is finicky about different types of paint. (water, acrylic etc). Thanks for your time.

I've only used the water based paints. They work well with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back